vintage nativity set

ybdullOctober 23, 2008

I'm looking for a nativity set that was popular in the late 70's to early 80's. I'm thinking it was made by Holland molds, but I can't be sure. I've seen some similar pieces in pictures that I've seen of other Holland sets, but not the specific one I'm looking for. There are a few distinguishing pieces that put this particular set apart. The shepherds are one piece. It's an old man hovering over a young boy. Of the 3 wise men, one is standing tall. Joseph is on one knee with his hands on his knee. The baby Jesus is one piece with the manger, not detachable. These are medium to large pieces. Of the set there are the 3 wise men, the one piece shepherd, the holy family, a cow, a donkey, a few sheep, and a camel or two, maybe three. I've seen it with or without an angel. I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but if you think you might know and do have a picture, that would be great. I've searched the internet and ebay to no avail. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
judykelley

I have for SALE: ORIGINAL HOLLAND MOLD 18 PCS. IVORY CERAMIC 23KT GOLD ACCENTS NATIVITY SCENE, MINT CONDITION!! This stunning LARGE Nativity scene was very expensive, as it is different with the Holland Mold Marking on all pieces, 23 KT Gold handpainted accents on pieces. The Camels standing 9 1/2"H x 5 1/2"W and the camel laying down is 10"L x 4"W, 3 wise men are 8 1/2"H x 3"W, Mary & Joseph are 6"H (kneeling down) and Baby Jesus is 2"H x 3"L in crib. All pieces are in scale to one another. $125

Bookmark   December 7, 2008 at 3:23PM
colorsnclay

I have the molds to make a holland nativity that was popular in the late 60's early 70's for pictures please e-mail me. thanks Kelly

Bookmark   December 31, 2011 at 5:13PM
sksuser

Sorry for the thread hijack...
Kelly, can you please email me about your moulds. I am only a lurker here on TGW, and im used to proboards style forums so I don't know how.
I have a missing piece from my holland nativity and I'm looking to fill it out if you cast and bisque for hire.
Thanks, and again sorry to the OP

Bookmark   January 13, 2012 at 2:20PM
More Discussions
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
barbaraparm
repairing crack in Terra Cotta pot
Hi, We have a large terra cotta pot that we (foolishly)...
shakushinnen
What can I use to paint glazed ceramic?
I want to change the color or a glazed ceramic pot....
Belle724
very old dried out glazes
I haven't fired anything in almost 15 years. I have...
cbgtennis
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
vmarin315
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™