Standard shower door width?

lgiltmierMarch 3, 2008

We're taking a standard 3'x4' shower and extending it out to make a custom-size neo-angle shower. There will be partial walls on both sides of the door. We'll be building one new wall to do this. Is there a standard width for a shower door? Trying to decide exactly where the new wall should go and how wide it will be.

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hamster

not sure about neo angle, but when I checked for my 36 x 45 shower...28 inches was standard glass size. Anything else was custom.

Bookmark   March 5, 2008 at 2:35PM
perqqderqq

I measured my tiny 3 x 3 shower's framed shower door. The door itself is about 32 in. wide. The frame on each side means the opening is a little smaller than that. I had to have a shower door replaced once and the impression I got was that they would make it whatever size we needed (this was just a cheap framed door of course). Glass is easy to cut of course, but my understanding is that tempered glass can't be cut so I don't know how it works. I guess I didn't help you very much. I had been expecting to use a 30 inch door in our remodeled 5.5 x 4.5 foot shower, but now I wonder.

- Jim

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 10:37PM
codnuggets

'Standard' will vary by supplier, but most of the glass shops I have looked into offer up 26 to 32 in 2 inch increments as their standard sizes. If you shop around a bit, you should be able to find these sizes easily.

Joe

Bookmark   March 6, 2008 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
Want to share a recent experience
I've never posted on this forum before, but I've been...
laceyvail
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
soonermagicmama
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™