ceramic buisness

pondaholicSeptember 1, 2005

We bought a ceramic buisness and have just now started firing. Does anyone here do ceramics and have some suggestions on which molds to buy and what slip recipe they use? Firing tips? We would like to eventually make this our day job. We also aquired a lot of glazes with this purchase and we prefer to use stains and painting, is there anything we could do with the glazes? We are talking lots of glazes. Thanks Norma

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CandyWA

Hi Norma... I wish you the best of luck with your new business.

You prefer stains and paint over glazes? Do you fire the pieces after they're stained and painted? Just curious. I've only used glaze.

This isn't a very active board... I'm always hoping a few experts will drop in to answer the posted questions.

You'll probably figure it all out within the first few weeks of working with the supplies you've purchased.

Hmmmmm...... then YOU will be the expert this forum needs :)

Bookmark   September 2, 2005 at 7:25PM
zenpotter

Norma, I don't make it into this board very often so you may have already figured out what to do with the glazes. You could try running an ad to see if anyone wanted to purchase them. I would just call a school to see if I could donate them if I were you.

Bookmark   October 6, 2005 at 8:53AM
monicatx

Hi, Norma: I am a hobby ceramics person and I only use paints and glazes that can be fired. That said, the couple that own the business that I buy my greenware from get most of their business from the local schools and colleges.

You might want to invite some of the craft teachers over to see what you have already in the way of molds. Have a bisque sample ready for them to see. My friends get orders for 50 of this and 100 of that when the teachers call them each year. It would be a good steady outlet for you but you would have to charge a price they could afford.

Bookmark   October 19, 2005 at 3:30AM
More Discussions
hand built coffee mug template
Does anyone have a template for a large coffee mug?...
margif
cat plates
Is there a market for these purchased cat plates from...
Love1cat4me
Ceramics/China Enthusiasts Forums, Clubs?
Hello, Does anyone know of any china enthusiast forums,...
davidnc
repairing crack in Terra Cotta pot
Hi, We have a large terra cotta pot that we (foolishly)...
shakushinnen
vintage nativity set
I'm looking for a nativity set that was popular in...
ybdull
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™