firing glass

pghgrammyJuly 19, 2002

has anyone ever fired glass in a ceramic kiln,or do you know of any sites that might explain the... how to. thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

I have never tried this but I am waiting to take a class in fusing at a local stained glass shop. If you have one nearby, you might ask them. Here is a website with some basic info on fusing & slumping glass in a kiln.

Here is a link that might be useful: fusing/slumping tutorial

Bookmark   July 22, 2002 at 8:18AM
copperfish

Hi ! I just found this forum. I love this Garden Web. It has EVERYTHING ! Anyway, I have been playing in the mud for years and years and lately I am interested in experimenting with paper clay. I have looked and looked everywhere on the internet and think I'll just be trying it out on my own. Has anyone out there tried it ? I bought a small packet from Michaels today - just to see. I'll probably being trying to make some myself. If anyone is interested, we can play about and check in now and then to see what's happening. I'm excited about it because it will be lighter and easier to work with.

Bookmark   September 17, 2002 at 8:31PM
monica2001

If you fire paper clay in the kiln, won't it just burn up? I guess I don't understand what it is.

Bookmark   November 18, 2002 at 7:04PM
More Discussions
vintage nativity set
I'm looking for a nativity set that was popular in...
ybdull
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
vmarin315
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
Daveweldz
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
barbaraparm
cat plates
Is there a market for these purchased cat plates from...
Love1cat4me
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™