Convert 240 kiln to 120 ?

ellecJune 23, 2008


I have a stackable 240v kiln with a sitter on the very bottom part. That bottom section is less than a cubic foot and would make a perfect test kiln so I'd like to change the wiring to 110/120v. I guess I could change the entire sitter, but since some of the parts can be used for either 240 or 110/120 I'm wondering if anyone knows which parts I HAVE to change.

Obviously the power cord, perhaps the wiring in between he sitter and the elements...

I would appreciate any help!


Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
Non-fire Translucent Glaze Stains
Many years ago ( over 30 ) I painted a Nativity Set...
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
Hobby glaze - water resistant
Hi there I'm looking for a hobby glaze and hoping someone...
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™