Tub for Two Recommendations? . . . Tee Hee!

daisytrailMarch 20, 2014

We're remodeling and i've searched and read through this forum for all types of posts regarding tubs. But, i haven't found any posts about tubs for two people and the important factor of comfort.

We prefer a freestanding tub style and in acrylic or resin because of the price advantage. I'm average build for a woman and my husband is a bit "over average" but not too much.

So, let me know if anyone has a purchase they're happy with. I'd appreciate the names and styles (and price) if you can remember.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Babka

Here is a page full of them. ;-)

-Babka

Here is a link that might be useful: Tubs for two

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 2:01PM
canuckplayer

Biggest problem with tub for 2, is you need the same amount of water if it is only 1 in the tub.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 3:34PM
nycbluedevil

Actually, you need even more water when only one person is in the tub because two people displace more water than one!

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 5:25PM
amberm145_gw

But that's why you bathe together, right? To conserve water? ;)

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 7:42PM
Anna_in_TX

daisytrail, you need to measure you and your DH sitting on the floor to get an idea of the basin size that will work. Then go to the manufacturer's website and look at the specifications.
Make some decisions if you want to sit side by side or across from each other, the depth, the shape, whirlpool or not, price point, etc and start browsing the internet. This forum gives you lots of info on the quality of the brands.

You also need to plan for a good supply of hot water too.

BAthtubs are a very personal decision. We can't really help you until you give us more information anyway. We would be glad to help you discuss the details of a list of tubs that you are interested in, but only you and you DH can start that list.

Bookmark   March 20, 2014 at 9:36PM
happyx5

I'm sort of posting this just for laughs because it's not everyone's taste and is insanely expensive, but it does "fit" two...

Here is a link that might be useful: Boffi Terra tub

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 10:27AM
Anna_in_TX

Here is another 2 person tub - the Maax Murmur

Daisytrail - most of the folks on this forum have been there, done that, got the t-shirt as far as the big garden tubs. The serious bathers are extremely particular about a good fitting tub and a personal experience that meets their needs. They pay attention to details such as basin length, basin width, back angle, high flow tub fillers and the required gallons of hot water.

Most folks who come to the forum with the initial idea of a tub for two or a large corner tub, that realistically won't get used by 2 people at the same time, quickly end up changing to a single person tub.

The best thing for frequent use multiple soakers is to invest in a Jacuzzi for the backyard or basement. food for thought.

This post was edited by Anna_in_TX on Fri, Mar 21, 14 at 11:47

Bookmark   March 21, 2014 at 10:47AM
More Discussions
Vanity color in small bath with wood trim
We are going to remodel our half bath/laundry room...
hazelwags
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
Side of tile is bright orange - should I use something else?
Howdy. My master bathroom remodel is underway. My contractor...
mrsshayne
if studs are 16' apart, can i have a 24' medicine cab recessed?
can the builder recess a medicine cabinet wider than...
srg215
Strom Thermostatic Control Valve & Volume Controls for Shower
I am looking at the Strom Plumbing shower system for...
nancyinmich
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™