Beverage Refrig or 18' dishwasher? what would you do?

alishfranMarch 20, 2012

I am a frequent lurker and am hoping for some good advice as I replace all my kitchen appliances. We are replacing our 18 year old appliances this spring and doing a minor renovation since the sizes are different than when this kitchen was remodeled in the mid-90s. Currently, we have a wet bar area in our kitchen that has a small prep sink and an 18" dishwasher. We also have a full sized KA new d/w in another area of the kitchen. We use the 2nd d/w about once a month, though, if it were quieter, I would probably use it more.

So, what would you do? Would you replace it with another 18" dishwasher, a full sized d/w or a beverage refrigerator? If you have a 2nd d/w, do you use it regularly?

We are replacing our current KA BI S/S 42" refrigerator with a SZ 42" S/S refrigerator.

Thanks for passing on your insight.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamacotti

Personally, I'd go for the second dishwasher over the bev. fridge. When my new KA dishwasher died after 9 mths I was really wishing I had a second one.

I guess it all depends on how many people are in your household. If your only dishwasher died, can you handle hand-washing while warranted parts are ordered, back-ordered, and reordered again? It took 6 months to fix our dishwasher. And there is still an issue...

Between my husband and 3 teenagers, I nearly lost my mind. Had it just been the two of us, not such a big deal.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 8:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alishfran

Thank you Mamacotti -- that is one thing I hadn't considered. We are a family of 5 and although my two boys are only 6 and 9, they are already starting to eat me out of house and home.
I think I might post over on Kitchens to see if they think I could fit both in.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 7:53AM
More Discussions
Any experience with a Miele or other plumbed-in coffee machine?
Heavily considering a plumbed in cva4066ss Miele coffee...
Vandit
Bosch Benchmark Policy....
I live in the FL Keys, and we have very few options...
cudjoegal
Need Help Selecting Propane Cooktop
I am looking to replace an electric cooktop with a...
dandkmom
48 INCH DUAL FUEL RANGE OR LP GAS
Planning to purchase the 48 inch- dilemma: any inputs...
hkwan
Capital Culinarian 36" 6 burner vs American Range 36" 6 burner
Live in Vancouver BC and am having trouble making the...
dz604
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™