Stickers on clay

akaLiaMarch 10, 2002

I had been wondering about this... I have some neato stickers I've been hoarding and I just ran across instruxs for using them with Sculpey.

http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips/scupley-clay.html

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie_ga

Another new technique......is there no end to projects with PC? I would think the heat gun that is used to melt the embossing powder would mess up the clay....maybe it's not left on too long.
If stickers would work, I would think rub-ons would too. HMMMMMM!! May need a diversion tomorrow.
I had a color copy made at Staples the other day with the intention of transferring to translucent clay. It would not transfer. It was a commercial color copier. Any ideas?

Bookmark   March 10, 2002 at 11:14PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Rosie, I had the same trouble with color copies and heard that the brand of copier was important due to the type of toner used. I need to look this information up again, sorry. What are you using as your method of transfer- a solvent?
The heat gun can actually cure raw clay but I think it is OK on baked clay if you keep the gun moving.

Bookmark   March 15, 2002 at 1:47PM
rosie_ga

I wasn't using any solvent....just burnishing. Have done this before with a fabric oriental lady that I copied. It looked like a brand new copier at Staples so it may not be the old fashioned toner type. Will check the next time I go up there.
I did run across this on some website.....

You may wonder why bother using the Acetone Transfer method for color image transfers. The Photo Transferred image is vivid and wonderful. This is true but there are times when I prefer the softer look that Acetone Transfer gives. This really depends on the project I am doing. You can buy Photo Paper/fabric transfer paper at any office supply/computer supply store. I have bought them from Best Buy and Office Max. Photo Transfer method transfers practically EVERY DETAIL. Sometimes I don't want that effect. Then I would opt for the Acetone Transfer method. As with all the other transfer methods. Experiment! Experiment!

Bookmark   March 16, 2002 at 5:35PM
More Discussions
repairing crack in Terra Cotta pot
Hi, We have a large terra cotta pot that we (foolishly)...
shakushinnen
Ceramic Wall
What is the best way to clean Ceramic Wall tiles?
chrispitt
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
barbaraparmelee
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
Hobby glaze - water resistant
Hi there I'm looking for a hobby glaze and hoping someone...
juliestuart
Sponsored Products
Moooi | Sponge Vase
YLiving.com
Mulberry Desert Clay Four-Light Fluorescent Pendant with Satin Nickel Canopy
$524.00 | Bellacor
Hector Pendant 1
Design Within Reach
Elk Lighting Sedona 2 Light Outdoor Pendant in A Clay Bronze Finish
Beyond Stores
Whitehaus GR3018 Solid Stainless Steel Sink Protection Grid 27'' x 15''
$119.00 | Blue Bath