Polymer Clay Mouse

cece_March 18, 2002

Today on Carol Duvall at 2PM.EST

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie_ga

I saw that......goes to show you....all projects broken down into small steps are manageable. Just practice...

Bookmark   March 18, 2002 at 9:44PM
akaLia

I tried this with her. Had to work fast (since I didn't have my clay in little balls like that, and no needle tool handy), but it was fun. Kids said my mouse looked like an evil gargoyle. I thought it looked like a kangaroo with a very long tail. LOL! A face only a mother could love!
(Now I want that book!)

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 7:09AM
rosie_ga

HA I think a gargoyle that size would be great. Or even combination of gargoyle and mouse.

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 7:13AM
ArtsyCraftsy

He is really cute!
You are right, Rosie. Like the saying goes: "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Here is a link that might be useful: poly clay mouse

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 9:00AM
akaLia

I would show you my mouse but DKs had a good time making his head fall off and switching with another head I tried. (Couldn't get the ears quite right!) We had an entire claymation show! LOL!

BTW, I just grabbed a pack of brownish Granitex to try this and it seemed to me it dulled my blade! Anyone else ever noticed this? I haven't worked with the Granitex much at all. (DS 11 made a great sock monkey from the grey like someone else demo'd on Carol once.)

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 9:09AM
cece_

I believe that would be a Gar-ouse or a mouse-oyle !!

I was called into Grandmother action and didn't have a chance to tape or see the darn show after I recc. it. Oh well, probably too advanced for me !!

Cece

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 10:01AM
rosie_ga

Cece....it wasn't advanced....just a practice thing. Check it out on HGTV's website. I do like your names for the new creature.

I have only used granitex once but didn't notice it then. I used it for the bows on the little baby in the diapers. Also made some of the diapers in blue granitex. BUT...it could have been dull and I didn't notice it.

Bookmark   March 19, 2002 at 12:14PM
lamb43

He's darling! I've wanted this book for a long time. Maybe I'll just have to break down and buy it now.

Bookmark   March 22, 2002 at 6:40AM
More Discussions
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
barbaraparm
mosaic for shower floor
I came across this picture on houzz and I would love...
jrueter
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
Daveweldz
very old dried out glazes
I haven't fired anything in almost 15 years. I have...
cbgtennis
Hobby glaze - water resistant
Hi there I'm looking for a hobby glaze and hoping someone...
juliestuart
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™