Suze Weinberg's Gedeo

linda_AZFebruary 25, 2002

Anyone use this before? You mix 2 parts which are clay like and press them into anything to get a rubber mold impression and then you can pour your GTEE from the hotpot in the mold hand make all kinds of things. Sorry if I'm not clear. I purchased some but it is pricey. Does any one know how I could get the same results but with something Cheaper? TIA Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

Linda so the resulting rubber compound is creating a flexible non-stick mold? As long as you have a mold that the GTEE will not stick to, it would work. Probably plastic candy molds and Sculpey push-molds. Maybe other molds if they are coated with a release agant like silicone spray (WD-40).
I bet you could get the same type of stuff (like a dental alginate) from Dental supply place or a place that sells model-making supplies, but I don't know how the cost compares. I think the dental alginate runs about $6 a lb.

HTH, Karen

Bookmark   February 26, 2002 at 10:58AM
linda_AZ

Thanks Karen, What I bought was 2 containers about the size of a petrie dish for 16.00. I want to make more molds and this dental product sounds just like what I need. Linda

Bookmark   February 27, 2002 at 10:02PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Holy smokes, Linda! That's a little expensive! Do a google search for the alginate if you need to buy online- it isn't hard to find. Hmmm...maybe I'll get some, too.

Karen

Bookmark   February 28, 2002 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
vmarin315
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
Firing a second glaze on commercial tiles?
Hi, I usually post in the kitchen forum, but hope you...
Angie_DIY
What can I use to paint glazed ceramic?
I want to change the color or a glazed ceramic pot....
Belle724
Any Polymer clay qustions????
Hi, I am a polymer clay artist. I see that there were...
elaineinnj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™