Polymer Clay Magazine???

rosie_gaFebruary 13, 2002

Are there any magazines for clay? I know the free online Polyzine is a monthly deal but what about magazines?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

Not that I know of as far as a national magazine. I get Jewelry Crafts and Bead & Button on subscription. They regularly have poly clay projects in them. Ornament also has some occasional poly clay articles.
There are lots of free poly clay projects on the web, what a blessing! There is also "The PolyinforMer"- a newsletter for the National Poly Clay Guild with lots of good info. It is free with a yearly Guild membership ($25).

Here is a link that might be useful: PolyinforMer

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 4:03PM
rosie_ga

Isn't that strange? Wonder why some of the powerhouses.....Kato, Mcquire, Heaser, Carlson, Roche don't get together and publish a monthly? Maybe their plate is too full already. Maybe that would detract from their work or they would become toooo busy to be artists.

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 5:30PM
rosie_ga

Just checked out NPCG site.....I'm a novice with a lot of interest. Do newbies join this organization?

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 5:40PM
ArtsyCraftsy

Rosie-
in my opinion there is surely enough interest to sustain a publication on Polymer clay. You have to have a good printing house and it is pretty much a full time effort to publish anything of quality. Say, with the level of Expressions, or the Somerset publications. You just touch the cover and the feel of the paper lets you know this is a good magazine. There are publishers that deal with niche market hobbies & I wish one of them would get on board.
Anyway, the guild is for anybody regardless of skill level.
As long as you love PC you can join. Even my personal favorite, the incomparable Kathleen Dustin was a beginner at one time, lol!

Karen

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 7:19PM
rosie_ga

Thanks for the info.....think I will.

Bookmark   February 13, 2002 at 8:10PM
never2late2learn_aol_com

Hi,
I really would like to get into the polymer clay beads, but am concerned about the safety issues, just as needing a seperate oven and the fumes. any suggestions? thanks, Linda

Bookmark   July 1, 2011 at 1:10PM
clayandartscraps

I make beads and little miniature sculptures. I do have a small countertop baking oven just for my clay. I've been baking it in the kitchen for about three years. I've never smelled fumes or had any trouble with it. I do dedicate the tools I use JUST to the clay. I don't use it for anything that would be eaten on or any drink containers. I've read you have to be careful about scorching it, but if you cover it with aluminum foil while it's baking, (just build a little tent over it, I've never had a problem.

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 11:50PM
More Discussions
Firing a second glaze on commercial tiles?
Hi, I usually post in the kitchen forum, but hope you...
Angie_DIY
Does anyone make memory beads with oven clay?
I am wanting to learn how to make memory beads by incorporating...
kessy56
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
Daveweldz
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
Any Polymer clay qustions????
Hi, I am a polymer clay artist. I see that there were...
elaineinnj
Sponsored Products
Gilmour 4-Way Shut Off Connector - 1403-9945
$17.99 | Hayneedle
Grout: Custom Building Products Adhesives & Fillers Polyblend #547 Ice Blue 7
$8.97 | Home Depot
QualArc Ridgestone DIY Oval Stone Address Plaque - RIG-4911-SS
$49.99 | Hayneedle
Herringbone Soap Dish
$159.00 | FRONTGATE
Andover Aged Brass Four-Light 19-Inch Wide Pendant with Clear Acrylic Shade
Bellacor