Clay site

rosie_gaFebruary 8, 2002

Wanted to pass this along....it is a huge site for many artists. Great for learing new techniques and inspiration. I keep it minimized on my PC all the time just for a quick look but I can stay here for hours looking.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay site

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ArtsyCraftsy

Good site Rosie- that was new to me!
Here's one I like- especially the rock purse tuts.

[p.s.- you may adopt me as a sister and make cool polyclay faces for me, too, if you wish ;-)]

Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Utah P.C. guild tutorials

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 1:58PM
rosie_ga

Good site....thanks....I actually made two molds of this little face....email me.....will be glad to send you one.

Bookmark   February 8, 2002 at 3:19PM
taunia1

Well now Rosie, I wish you wouldn't have done that! LOL. You're right about spending hours there. If yall need me, that's where I'll be!

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 8:06AM
akaLia

Sunni and Laurie (turkeymama) are in the yahoo e-group, Polymer Clay People. Haven't been to Laurie's site in a long time!

Here are a couple of others I've been saving to tell you about:
Wanda Shum Designs Her work is so bright and colorful; check out the jewelry first!
and Christel Jensen's Studio and her shop, Little Treasures. She *excels* in miniatures. She's also in the yahoo group. She lives in Norway and uses a different kind of clay, still polymer though.

I've learned a lot from the artists in PCP at yahoo.

Hope you find these inspiring. I know I have tons more links, but I won't throw all of 'em at you at once! ;--)

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 10:28AM
rosie_ga

Thanks for the sites.....I really have to be careful or I spend all my time "looking" at craft sites and not DOING any. The funny thing is I used to have to look at magazines or library books to get enthused or inspired. Now I just do a couple of searches and I'm good to go.

Bookmark   February 9, 2002 at 11:15AM
akaLia

Rosie, I agree. When I first joined the PCP list (back when it was Polymer Clay Interest) all I did was look. I didn't make anything and in fact, I got discouraged looking at all the talent out there. I took some time off from the group to "grow up" a little. LOL! Now I'm like you, just a quick glance for inspiration... and to see what's possible... :--)

Bookmark   February 10, 2002 at 3:58PM
More Discussions
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
hand built coffee mug template
Does anyone have a template for a large coffee mug?...
margif
Ceramics/China Enthusiasts Forums, Clubs?
Hello, Does anyone know of any china enthusiast forums,...
davidnc
looking for- kimple molds~softees!
Since I spent a half an hour typing specifics and it...
otrasca
Bisque BArrel Firing
Is it possible to bisque fire in a barrel? I tried...
DouglasWaltz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™