Polyclay book review

ArtsyCraftsyFebruary 27, 2002

I just received this book from Amazon last night- Polymer Clay : Creating Functional and Decorative Objects

by Jacqueline Gikow. I give it 5 stars!! Any of you who have been talking about vessels and boxes from PC, this is the book for you. It is a total goldmine of construction info, how to make hinges, supporting the piece for curing, glues & finishes, etc. A nice variety of projects and lovely samples of artists work, too.

If you have any favorite books or videos, please share! I'm thinking of Dottie McMillan's "Creative Ways with Polymer Clay" next. Anybody have feedback on this book?

Karen

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie_ga

Dottie's book was on my wish list at Christmas. It is a great book. Contents....rock purse, scenic loaf pin, faux cloisonne, antique crackle-tiled tray, puff beads, faux etched glass beads, china chard pins, twinkle light sleeves, (these are great) kaleidoscope, Chinese good luck lantern. This is not all but it's not the run-of-the-mill stuff you see in clay publications. There is also a blue mask that is great. Different kinds of projects.

Bookmark   February 27, 2002 at 1:28PM
More Discussions
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
vmarin315
mosaic for shower floor
I came across this picture on houzz and I would love...
jrueter
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
Ceramics/China Enthusiasts Forums, Clubs?
Hello, Does anyone know of any china enthusiast forums,...
davidnc
spraying polymer clay
I love to make things for my fairy gardens from polymer...
barbaraparmelee
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™