Help needed please. Confused on correct size bath door to use...

kitch1March 29, 2014

Hi,

Thank you for trying to help me on this one. This is a tricky one so my question is a little long so please stick with me. In short, I am trying to make sure my tub w/surround will fit my walls and the glass tub door will fit...

I ordered an accord 7124 smooth 30" (Vikram Tub w/Surround). Here is a link to the specs: http://www.sterlingplumbing.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1067279_4.pdf

My bathroom walls (sheetrock to sheetrock) measured at the top 58" and the bottom 58 1/2" wide (clearly not square). I ordered a Kohler Levity 59-5/8 in. W x 62 in. H Frameless Bypass Shower Door. In looking at the surrounds at Depot I realize that the surround has thickness to it and it come all the way out to the ledge of the tub. I went on the website for the surround and the inside width (surround to surround) states: 56 3/4" at the top and at the bottom 56 1/2". The surround depth extend out and over the top of the tub so the door would have to fit inside this inside width. For the surround, the website says to "use the largest measurement and round up to the nearest increment." Why would I round up? If it is 56 3/4", how is it that a 57" wide door would fit? Also, what size glass door should I buy? Here is a link to the available sizes on the door I like (please see page #2): http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/pdfImages/1e/1ef866c0-741a-45f4-9ee3-6edc4c69275b.pdf

Note: Walk Through Height = B minus 2-1/2" (64 mm)

THANK YOU for trying to help me figure this out. At this point, it does not look like there is anyway that door will fit so I will return it but again, what size door should I go with?

More Discussions
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
White tubs not really white?
For our new build, I have chosen Imperial Blanco white...
mom2sulu
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
Sponsored Products
Thermostatic Shower System with Slider Rail Kit & 6 Body Spray Jets
Hudson Reed
Elk Lighting Butterfly Carriage Clock - 118-006
$52.00 | Hayneedle
Florence Persian White Six-Light Chandelier
$478.00 | Bellacor
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Tayse Rugs Rugs Impressions Blue 7 ft. 10
Home Depot
Textured Lines Rug 4' x 6' - NAVY
$799.00 | Horchow