Sara Jane Helm polyclay site update

akaLiaFebruary 16, 2002

I went to Sara Jane Helm's site y'day and it's been updated since I was last there

http://www.polyclay.com/

She has info there about the Flecto Varathane --exactly which one to look/ask for. Also some great projects, cane-building help, and just plain inspiration. Be sure to look at her hands. Any idea how to make a "Mendhi" cane??? I can understand some of the designs, but most look so complex!!!

I also love her elegant filigree eggs...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rosie_ga

It's funny you bring up the eggs......Last night, I was reading from her book on this process. Planning on trying it. Not sure what a Mendhi cane is but will try to find out. My DH is off to Lowe's this morning with the exact name of the varathane and the size.
I think I'm going to do my switch plates today. I have the living room/den torn apart painting.....BUT I want to make kokopelli switch plates today. The painting will be there tomorrow...

Bookmark   February 16, 2002 at 10:42AM
rosie_ga

Not sure how to make a Mendhi cane....but it does represent a temporary tattoo technique using henna. Found all kinds of patterns when I did a search in WebFerrett. I bet one could carve the designs into baked clay, antique with a raw sienna color and get the same effect. I do love the hands.

Bookmark   February 16, 2002 at 10:55AM
ArtsyCraftsy

you can get lots of mendhi or mehandi stamps at Sunday International. The clay could be stamped & backfilled maybe?

Here is a link that might be useful: mehandi designs

Bookmark   February 16, 2002 at 2:05PM
More Discussions
Need help with baking clay
To make a long story short, I had to have one of my...
mangomoon
Home made polymer clay
Hi, everyone. I'm new to this forum, I hang out on...
Rusty
cat plates
Is there a market for these purchased cat plates from...
Love1cat4me
Old Kiln: Need manual or help
I found this kiln at an estate sale for $25.oo and...
Nashonii
Non-fire Translucent Glaze Stains
Many years ago ( over 30 ) I painted a Nativity Set...
sudhira
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™