Two Ideas

rosie_gaFebruary 11, 2002

Just ran across two ideas....thought I'd pass along. Looking at different clay sites and ran across a necklace that had the round piece with the hole in the middle. (oriental looking) It was made by covering a washer with clay. Pretty cool.....

Also saw several cabochon shaped stones that had temporary skin tattoos (butterflies) on them. Really pretty....never thought of that.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lamb43

GMTA Rosie! I've got a pattern ready to try for an oriental coin, but never thought of covering a washer to make it. That would make it really sturdy I would think! My interest in them developed from kimono and fan jewelry (re: shapelets- yeah, I've been playing with them, too!)

I've also checked out Donna Westfall's tutorial (Polymer Clay Central) on applying water tattoo's to polymer clay beads, and just happened to have some temp. tattoo's around... LOL Can't wait to try that!

If anyone else tries these, we could compare/share results. They both sound like fun activities! I'm taking a clay day today (sorely needed a break from packing) so after I get caught up on e-mail and my forums, look out!

LOL

Lamb

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 9:02AM
rosie_ga

Can't remember which one of the "galeries" the washers and tattoo's were one.......but am attaching her home site.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clay site

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 9:06PM
akaLia

That *is* a great idea using a washer inside a donut. I have a bunch of those lying around and was thinking just today they're too heavy for earrings so how to use them...? Thanks!

The patriotic pins in my album were made using the inkjet temporary tattoos. I found the project by Lynn Krucke at sculpey.com I liked the crinkly look that happened with baking it, but I wasn't so happy with the way the adhesive oozed out later on. I could wipe it off, but it seemed to just keep coming...

Check out this site for some examples of using the tattoos. (bottom of page) Also, she has a link to a site with some fantastic tiles that make great designs for boxes. Be sure to click on the photos.

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 9:30PM
akaLia
    Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 9:31PM
rosie_ga

The tile site is excellent....what pretty designs! Tell me more about the tattoo inkjet paper. Is it as expensive as the photography grade paper? Sooooo much to do and try.

Bookmark   February 11, 2002 at 10:18PM
lindag

inkjet temporary tatoo pin instruction
Lindag
tattooshttp://sculpey.com/Projects/projects_PatFlagPins.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: http://sculpey.com/Projects/projects_PatFlagPins.htm

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 4:22PM
rosie_ga

Thanks for the site.............

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 5:49PM
akaLia

I can't remember the price on the inkjet tattoos... Probably comparable to photo paper... I do want to work with the tattoos some more; maybe correct whatever mistake I made. We found out the stuff does NOT make good body tattoos!

Bookmark   February 12, 2002 at 9:35PM
More Discussions
Slip casting smoker/ grill
Hello all Please forgive me I am a metal guy. Also...
Daveweldz
looking for- kimple molds~softees!
Since I spent a half an hour typing specifics and it...
otrasca
pots cracking way after firing
Hello everyone, I have some cracking/breaking issues...
Lorraine76
Non-fire Translucent Glaze Stains
Many years ago ( over 30 ) I painted a Nativity Set...
sudhira
hand built coffee mug template
Does anyone have a template for a large coffee mug?...
margif
Sponsored Products
Two King 300TC Pillowcases
$72.50 | Horchow
St. Moritz Entry Light by Corbett Lighting
$1,630.00 | Lumens
Danese Milano | "Simboli" 1972 Posters by Enzo Mari
YLiving.com
60" Jolon Teak Vanity Console with Teak Top for Vessel Sinks
Signature Hardware
Yorktown Heights 2 Light Wall Sconce
Lightology
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. 15 in. Coronado Table Lamp in White with
Home Depot
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™