Need help with baking clay

mangomoonJanuary 7, 2010

To make a long story short, I had to have one of my dogs' put to sleep and cremated. The cremation service sent me an un-baked clay medallion with my dog's name on it and his paw print. This was a total surprise to me! Anyway it came with instructions. It is un-baked and I do not know what type of clay it is, but it says to bake in conventional or toaster oven at 275 degrees on a GLASS baking dish. First of all I have never seen a glass dish for use with a toaster oven. I do have Pyrex but they will not fit into my toaster oven and my Pyrex pie plate is the only one almost flat enough to put in a conventional oven with the clay piece in the center. I was planning on using the toaster oven for the purpose of convenience, but the flat Pyrex glass pieces I have seen at Wal-Mart say not to use in toaster ovens. The clay instructions also state not to use metal.

Any suggestions for me?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
azreno

Wow, can't believe no one has answered your harmless question! I hope by now you've figured out to handle this but in case you haven't, you can use a flat ceramic tile.

This is my first time checking out this forum BTW, I'm just learning polymer clay myself and am addicted already, can't believe the low traffic on here.

Bookmark   April 8, 2010 at 3:15PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clayandartscraps

I use tiles also. I put my little creations on index cards, and place them on a tile, and into the oven they go.

Bookmark   December 27, 2011 at 11:55PM
More Discussions
Bisque-ware and it's studiness.
I have an idea about using some unglazed jugs in my...
biinaboo
Received Kilm
I received a Kilm from my Aunt it is a small 110 electric...
jjaazzy
Hobby glaze - water resistant
Hi there I'm looking for a hobby glaze and hoping someone...
juliestuart
porcelain teaset
I am wondering if anyone can help me find any information...
vmarin315
Firing a second glaze on commercial tiles?
Hi, I usually post in the kitchen forum, but hope you...
Angie_DIY
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™