Miele dishwasher salt dispenser - door or base

tigerdogMarch 23, 2013

I'm getting ready to buy a dishwasher for a kitchen remodel. Current Miele models have the salt dispenser in the base. The Miele outlet store has the G2830SCi La Perla unit at a pretty good price ($1799). I notice this unit has the salt filler in the door, not the base.

Can anyone please tell me why Miele changed the design to put the salt in the base. Is salt-in-the-door less reliable?

I appreciate any guidance members can share.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deeageaux

That dishwasher is two generations old therefore IMO it is not a very good price. There is a Miele dealer near me that has a floor model La Perla II with SS door and visible controls for $1250 if you happen to live anywhere near Los Angeles.

About a year and a half ago when the Diamond came out I purchased a La Perla II for just under $1700 from an authorized dealer. I would much rather buy a brand spanking new Miele Futura Dimension Series G5775SCVi for $1779. Much more useful features like comfort close that the extra 7 or so programs offered by the 19 program La Perla I

My La Perla II has the salt dispenser on the base but the Diamond has it on the door.

La Perla I and Diamond are the only two Miele dishwashers with in- door salt dispensers as far as I know. Maybe some older models before La Perla I ? I have not read anything about them being less reliable.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 3:57PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aamassther

Diamond has salt in the bottom dishwasher as well. La Perla I was the last to have it in the door. Not sure why Miele moved the softener for the US market, as they as still in the door for TOL in the rest of the world. I bought a La Perla 2 floor model last December for the price you've been quoted, so I too, think its a bit steep.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 5:22PM
More Discussions
Thermador micro drawer - is it worth it?
http://www.thermador.com/cooking/microwaves/md24js-24-inch-builtin-microdrawer Hey...
bellachaboni
Major Kitchen Remodel
I'm looking for a counter-depth 36" stainless...
Kim Taff
Bluestar electric French door installed
It's installed. Electrical not hooked up yet (see the...
Debbi Branka
Finish Detergent
Has anyone tried the new Finish Quantum Max 12X pacs?...
sparky823
Best Range Hood for a GE Gas 30" 5 burner vented through roof?
We are remodeling the kitchen in a 1000sf ranch home....
kmkare
Sponsored Products
Electric Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mills (Pack of 2)
Overstock.com
Polished Chrome Whitehaus WHFH-HC4650 Kitchen Hot & Cold Water Dispenser
$269.00 | Blue Bath
Mr. Cold Soap Dispenser by Alessi
| Lumens
Pump Dispenser
$135.00 | Horchow
Snow White Bath Accessory 6-piece Set
Overstock.com
Salt and Pepper Tumblers by Menu
$44.95 | Lumens
Modernoutdoor | Talt Bar Cart
YLiving.com
Cosco Bridgeport Folding Chair with Vinyl Seat and X-Back Espresso - 2 Pack Dark
$129.96 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™