help with whirepool tub

dafichterMarch 23, 2013

I bought Oasis whirlpool tub several years ago. Due to health problems I did not instal it. Now, I am finally remodeling my bathroom and I want to install the tub. I do not have instructions anymore. I e-mailed Oasis and they send me instructions but the instructions are for a different model bathtub (mine is discontinued). The tub on the instructions does not have a platform attached on the base as mine and it requires blocks under the tub. The platform on my tub has support. Do I need to put blocks under the tub?
Also, any ideas on how to frame the tub. It is self-rimming tub. I do not have much space around it so I need a frame that only goes around the tub and does not exted too far out.
Thanks

This post was edited by dafichter on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:14

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dafichter

Here is a picture from under the platform. Thanks for any suggestions

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 1:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

Does Oasis have a phone number where you can call and talk to someone? Or a dealer who might have some history with them? Without knowing anything, it would seem that the platform has those rails that it sits on instead of blocks. Common sense and the economy of the last few years would seem to suggest that they might have left the rails off as a way to reduce materials, weight, and cost of both manufacture ad shipping. Can you tell from instructions you got whether the current model is flat on the bottom? Someone at Oasis or a dealer should be able to tell you that, at least. I would think that adding blocks to the rails could do ugly things to the support of a tub filled with water and a person and could be less stable -- not to mention even higher to step into. So, bottom line, my totally ignorant, common sense gut reaction is that you don't need blocks-- but I hoe someone can tell you for sure as well as how to frame it. Sorry you were down for so long and hope you enjoy the tub.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
Contractor messed up shower pan. Fixable?
My contractor who I'm firing tomorrow messed up my...
gwrussp
Anyone installed a Geberit in wall tank?
DH is getting ready to do the install in a 2 x 4 wall,...
numbersjunkie
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Shower door for neo-angle
If you have a neo-angle shower where the tiled walls...
cataan
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
Moonrays Outdoor Lighting. Outdoor Low Voltage 20-Watt Rock Spotlight
$18.99 | Home Depot
Silver Crystal Rug 9' x 12' - SILVER/IVORY
$6,499.00 | Horchow
KidsFit Super Small Upright Bike - SS155
Hayneedle
Tangier Pendant Rug 7'9" x 9'9" - BLACK/BROWN
$829.00 | Horchow
DonnieAnn Hollydale 50 in. Bookcase - Chestnut - 333872
$229.65 | Hayneedle