help with whirepool tub

dafichterMarch 23, 2013

I bought Oasis whirlpool tub several years ago. Due to health problems I did not instal it. Now, I am finally remodeling my bathroom and I want to install the tub. I do not have instructions anymore. I e-mailed Oasis and they send me instructions but the instructions are for a different model bathtub (mine is discontinued). The tub on the instructions does not have a platform attached on the base as mine and it requires blocks under the tub. The platform on my tub has support. Do I need to put blocks under the tub?
Also, any ideas on how to frame the tub. It is self-rimming tub. I do not have much space around it so I need a frame that only goes around the tub and does not exted too far out.
Thanks

This post was edited by dafichter on Sat, Mar 23, 13 at 14:14

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dafichter

Here is a picture from under the platform. Thanks for any suggestions

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 1:04PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lascatx

Does Oasis have a phone number where you can call and talk to someone? Or a dealer who might have some history with them? Without knowing anything, it would seem that the platform has those rails that it sits on instead of blocks. Common sense and the economy of the last few years would seem to suggest that they might have left the rails off as a way to reduce materials, weight, and cost of both manufacture ad shipping. Can you tell from instructions you got whether the current model is flat on the bottom? Someone at Oasis or a dealer should be able to tell you that, at least. I would think that adding blocks to the rails could do ugly things to the support of a tub filled with water and a person and could be less stable -- not to mention even higher to step into. So, bottom line, my totally ignorant, common sense gut reaction is that you don't need blocks-- but I hoe someone can tell you for sure as well as how to frame it. Sorry you were down for so long and hope you enjoy the tub.

Bookmark   March 23, 2013 at 6:40PM
More Discussions
bathroom window
I'm getting ready to waterproof my bath/shower alcove...
spielbass
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
Bertch 60" single bowl vanity for hall bath
I would appreciate some advice and insight on my dilemma....
Sofia Akhter
Does anyone know where to sell a brand new vanity
looking to sell locally only and tried craigslist this...
matdrew
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™