Plastic film type to set over self-made tile mosaic mesh?

AnnaAMarch 26, 2012

I posted this in the kitchen forum today, and a reader suggested I post here as well since many tile enthusiasts talk here...

I'm creating a 6" tile mosaic to be installed as part of my kitchen backsplash.These tiles are metal mosaics and usually come with a thin protective plastic sheet on top. Since these tiles really need that added layer of protection from scratching during install, I'm wondering what that material is called (it has great sticky grip but doesn't leave a residue).

Found fiberglass mesh & glue, but need some help on the name of the plastic wrap as plastic vendors use language I don't understand.

Thanks - and let me know if this question belongs in a different forum.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can use clear contact paper. There is a stained glass and mosaics forum on this site.

    Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 2:21PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Need advice on shower valve location!!!
We are considering a fixed wall or glass divider for...
Help locating a Powder Bath sink, please!
We are in the final days of a year long remodel only...
Ammara Designs Faucets
I've gotten so much information from these forums....
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
Need advice. Subway tile on uneven kneewall
So I was kinda pissed off when I walked into my bathroom...
Michael Coates
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™