electric wall ovens noisier than gas range?

nancyblackMarch 22, 2014

I am renovating a small apartment kitchen which is open to the living room. For looks (it is very modern and simple) I am considering a built-in electric wall oven under a gas cooktop (maybe Bosch 300 series). The other (less aesthetically pleasing, but probably better and certainly cheaper) choice is a freestanding gas range (probably a Samsung).
I am concerned about the noise from an electric wall oven, and wondered if gas ranges also have loud fan noises. I am looking at mid-range appliances. I don't need convection, so I think that will help with the noise issue.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

Electronics above the oven need to have a fan running to prevent them from overheating. The fan will run during use and for some time after the oven is turned off. It's an annoying fact of life and I suspect that some models and makes have quieter fans than others. Gas vs electric makes no difference.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyblack

Thanks! I think I get it.
I hear complaints about noise mostly from the wall ovens in mid price range. If it's a gas range without electronic controls (like some of the slide-in ones) maybe it would be quieter (?). Does anyone have a Samsung gas range that makes a loud fan noise?

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
Best dishwasher with a heated dry option?
Does anyone have recommendations for a dishwasher that...
My4thGarden
Help installing power cord to 48inch dual wolf range
I'm trying to install the power cord, not sure how...
rubyrashel
Latest on Bluestar 30" RCS Gas Range Over Door Temp
Hi, First, thank you to all community members who have...
htwoozik
Difference between advantium and convection microwave
I had almost decided on the ge advantium (monogram)...
athensmomof3
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™