electric wall ovens noisier than gas range?

nancyblackMarch 22, 2014

I am renovating a small apartment kitchen which is open to the living room. For looks (it is very modern and simple) I am considering a built-in electric wall oven under a gas cooktop (maybe Bosch 300 series). The other (less aesthetically pleasing, but probably better and certainly cheaper) choice is a freestanding gas range (probably a Samsung).
I am concerned about the noise from an electric wall oven, and wondered if gas ranges also have loud fan noises. I am looking at mid-range appliances. I don't need convection, so I think that will help with the noise issue.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave1812

Electronics above the oven need to have a fan running to prevent them from overheating. The fan will run during use and for some time after the oven is turned off. It's an annoying fact of life and I suspect that some models and makes have quieter fans than others. Gas vs electric makes no difference.

Bookmark   March 24, 2014 at 1:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nancyblack

Thanks! I think I get it.
I hear complaints about noise mostly from the wall ovens in mid price range. If it's a gas range without electronic controls (like some of the slide-in ones) maybe it would be quieter (?). Does anyone have a Samsung gas range that makes a loud fan noise?

Bookmark   March 26, 2014 at 11:38AM
More Discussions
Over & Under refrigerator advice/options
I am remodeling my kitchen and planning to use separate...
uscpsycho
Island hood location/height
I've got a cooktop that's 20" X 37" that...
dickross
DCS Gas range review
DCS gas range review
brett_champagne
Wolf porcelain chipping on new ovens
Argggggg!!!! New wolf E series ovens, purchased and...
jackson2348
Install Question for Subzero Undercounter UC24 BG/S Beverage Center
We're looking to install a Subzero UC24 BG/S Undercounter...
pbx2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™