Honda CRV and bike rack

shay13December 11, 2007

I'm interested in buying a Honda CRV for my son, our only concern is the rear mounted tire. Can the spare tire be taken off and stored in the luggage compartment to allow for a rear mounted bike rack?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

Check with a Honda dealer, or maybe you can uncover available accessories with search engine, GOOGLE, with key words, Honda and Accessories, then pare down the results by "searching on results". [At the inital page of search results , scroll down to the bottom to find the link to "search on results".]

Bookmark   December 12, 2007 at 12:04AM
john_g

I have a customer with one of these. The dealer has a very slick bike rack that attaches to the roof rack. It actually makes the car look pretty cool with a bike on it.

Bookmark   December 12, 2007 at 8:46AM
shay13

Ok, let me clarify, I'm not looking to purchase a bike rack. My son has a bike rack that he used on an Isuzu Rodeo with a rear mount. We want to purchase a Honda CRV to replace the Rodeo, but before I look further I need to know if the rear tire comes off to mount the bike rack. A roof attached bike rack will not work for him because of parking in a older home garage--it won't clear the top of the garage. Anyone know if the rear mount tire comes off?

Bookmark   December 12, 2007 at 6:06PM
More Discussions
Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L Fire
Hi All, My Honda Odyssey 2005 EX-L recently totaled...
mhs21
1998 Dodge Caravan - Electrical Problems !?
Hi Folks, seems rather quite here, but I've got nothing...
vgkg
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™