Alcove tub/shower - What is the best showerhead setup?
Planning our hall bathroom which has a 60x30 three wall alcove tub/shower.
Current plans are for an air tub (which will require a wood skirt w/ access panel) and for a glass shield (hubby insists on it).
Would love some opinions on what type of showerhead setup we would work best in our alcove tub/shower bath and give us the least water outside the tub issues:
1. Fixed showerhead only
2. Fixed showerhead and wall handheld (separate water outlet)
3. Fixed showerhead and handheld (sharing same water outlet using showerhead diverter)
4. Fixed showerhead and handheld on bar (separate water outlets)
5. Wall handheld fixed as a single showerhead
6. Handheld on bar
Also what type of showerhead? Mulit setting, rain showerhead?
Ruled out option 1 since we want a handheld to clean the shower. Ruled out option 3 since I think the shower hose would have to be crazy long to reach a user in the tub and for cleaning if the starting point is at the fixed showerhead inlet.
Was leaning toward option 6 (handshower on a bar), but now I am concerned with this setup for a couple of reasons.
(1) Unlike option 3 we would want the water outlet low on the wall and this would eliminate the possibility of ever changing this setup back to normal fixed showerhead (although I am not sure we would want to).
(2) I am concerned that with the handheld as the primary showerhead it could be left pointed out to the tub after being put back from cleaning or bathing and then when turned on the water would get outside the tub. Or that the showerhead angle for this type of setup is not ideal. Thoughts?
Also would a rain showerhead be better for directing the water directly into the tub? Should we consider this with a handheld (wall or bar mount)? Is a rain showerhead in a tub make sense or is it just silly?
FYI - The bathroom is a hall/guest bathroom in a 4 bedroom 2.5 bath family home. We are in our early 40's and plan on staying in the house for many more years. We don't have any kids (without getting personal there is a very small possibility we may have a child but more likely not). This is the only tub in the home (master too small for tub). Bathroom is currently used by guests (friends and family) and as a second bathroom by us on occasion (toilet and vanity primarily...don't use tub as it is a shallow steel tub).