Bathroom is due for overhaul, layout ideas?
Hello GWers: My master bathroom is in need of updating. I think the double jacuzzi tub needs to go, since we use it as a clothing drying rack. I am trying to come up with a new floorplan and could use your wisdom. I spent the last 24 hours reading the "Best/Worst Remodeling Decisions" posts on the Bathroom Forum, and am eager to incorporate some of the toilets, sinks, countertops, etc. you rave about.
Here is the current sq footage of the space:
And here is the current placement of everything:
From Master Bedroom looking towards the bathroom, walkin closet is on the left and tiny triangular linen closet is the the right of the french doors:
As you enter the immediate left has a wall of light switches and I believe it is hollow behind this wall, so I think I may have a few feet of extra space to play with:
Next is the wall with a vanity and the tub:
The giant jacuzzi tub is under the 50 inch wide windows:
The long countertop has a sink but it is too close to the door to the WC:
Finally, the door to the WC (60 inches x 36 inches):
Here are a few things I am hoping to accomplish with a remodel:
1. More storage
2. Tiny Sink in the WC
3. Linen closet in the MBA
4. Heated towel rack(s)
5. Bench for drying off after shower
6. Heated floors
7. Possible steam shower (could it go where the tub is currently?)
8. Soaking tub is not a necessity, we use an outdoor jacuzzi year round and I have only sat in my two person master bathtub once in 4 years. But, I think it might look cool to have a small Japanese-style soaking tub.
9. Want to keep as much natural light as possible. Current windows above tub could be made smaller and higher, though.
- Want to keep separate room for toilet, but could swap swing out door for pocket door or barn door
- Bumping out the bathroom 12 inches (towards the walk in closet door) and replacing the double french doors with one door that is 4 feet wide.
I am open to all of your ideas, so let 'em rip.