Ann Sacks tile

skny0104March 14, 2014

I was just looking at some Ann Sacks tile on the web and when I called to inquire it was a lot more than I thought. I was looking in the basics section Trend-glass, and their website indicated they are priced "starting" at $8/sf, but when I got a quote back from SP, it was almost $19/SF (GULP). I think their tile is nice, but am sure I could find something similar at local tile store for less (with better CS). I was wondering though if I ordered through a designer or contractor, what the trade discount would be and if that would be the same regardless of how much business they do. I am tempted to just forget it and deal with the much nicer local tile place (from a CS) standpoint. Does anyone know how much the Savoy subway tiles are? Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kudzu9

I doubt that ordering through a designer is going to improve the economics in any significant way. Ann Sacks has beautiful tile, but I think it's pretty easy to find stuff that's similar for less money elsewhere.

Bookmark   March 14, 2014 at 6:24PM
remod21

I just noticed this post and thought I would comment. We purchased some Ann Sacks tile just last week through our builder, since he passes any trade discount on to us and doesn't uncharge. The tile we selected was from the Savoy line. He got us 20% off, which saved us quite a bit of money.

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 8:20PM
jellytoast

Many contractors around here do the same thing (pass their discounts on to customers).

Bookmark   November 13, 2014 at 9:25PM
mrspete

Personally, I'm in love with Tabarka tile. Specifically, the grey patterned arabesque shaped tiles in the Metro line.

I'm going to bite the bullet and pay the price, though I will pair them with something else very basic and use the "fancy stuff" in very visible places.

Bookmark   November 17, 2014 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
tile layout help master bath
I am planning to use 18 x18 on the floor and same tile...
abick2
Need advice on best mirror/sconce option in small master bath
My husband and I are FINALLY renovating our master...
cbusgirl41
Classic looking offset vanity top?
I'm planning out a bathroom remodel for a 1920s Craftsman...
resseger
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Sponsored Products
Homelegance Carrie Ann 8 Drawer Dresser w/ Mirror in Warm Cherry
Beyond Stores
Personalized Pet Treats Jar - M
$125.00 | Horchow
Burton Arc Floor Lamp by Hudson Valley Lighting
$739.00 | Lumens
Personalized Pet Treats Jar - H
$125.00 | Horchow
Mary Ann 3-piece Quilt Set and Optional Sham Separates
Overstock.com