What is this hoodgey-wob? (kitchen)

petesmomFebruary 27, 2012

I feel very dumb to ask this, but just spent 30 minutes googleing to try and figure out what it is and what it is called. Please inform the village idiot

What I am talking about is the little "lever" that I sometimes see above stoves. DH said that he thinks it is a little faucet for when you need water while cooking...well what in the heck is it called?

Is it costly to put one in?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If it's for water, it's known as a 'pot filler', which pretty much describes its purpose.

    Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 4:11PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Its called a pot filler.

Expensive is relative. You need the cold water supply and you need to buy the pot filler faucet itself, so extra plumbing and the cost of the faucet. Unlike regular sink faucets which go from very cheap to very expensive, I don't think they make cheap pot fillers.

    Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 4:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thank you.

Pot filler, you would think it would have a fancy name. I am going to have to admit to DH that he was right.

    Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 7:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

so extra plumbing and the cost of the faucet

And in some jurisdictions, a requirement for a floor drain.

    Bookmark   February 27, 2012 at 8:23PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hello... Love your question!... If you want some detailed
info about Pot Fillers, check out my website page dedicated to them. I'm a kitchen designer and posted the info I have learned... do's and dont's... good Pictures.
My clients love them!

Here is a link that might be useful: Designing with pot fillers - www.designingrichmondhome.com

    Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 9:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

DesigningRichmond, would you please stop spamming!

This post was edited by dBrad on Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 14:14

    Bookmark   December 10, 2012 at 11:14PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Are these doors acceptable to you?
These are walnut interior doors. I understand that...
Shook Hill Plan Modifications -- input please!
Hi -- We are just sitting down to the drawing board...
getting close to our move in day
Moving in about two weeks, got a lot of things to do...
What is this style of home called?
Hello folks! I saw this house and am very interested...
door heights
Hi, We have a mixture of 9' ceilings and cathedral...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™