Hook for washcloths or scrubbies

presidentsdadMarch 21, 2012

Hey folks,

What do you folks use in your showers for handing bath scrubbies? The bundled, netted body scrubbers on a string? I have used suction cups in the past, but they never stay. Does anyone have opinions on classy looking chromed hooks for this purpose? Thanks for the help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Olychick

They aren't particularly "classy" looking, but I didn't want to drill into my tile, so I found some small "brushed nickel" Command hooks for my washcloths. They look fine and I'm really happy with how they've held up. I put soaking wet, heavy washcloths on them and they've never come loose.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 1:24PM
nycbluedevil

I bought an extra robe hook that matched my faucets and put one in the shower so it looks nice.

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 1:50PM
dedtired

I have some plastic suction hooks. They have a "power lock" on them. I stick it on the outside edge of the pie-shaped shelf in the corner and then hang the net scrubbie from it. I like this set up because the scrubbie drips into the bottom of the tub, not down the tile and onto the grout. I've found that when wash cloths or scrubbies drip onto the grout, you will end up with a moldy spot there.

This has worked so well for me. Every once in awhile (not often) it pops off, but I just stick it back.

Here is a link that might be useful: power lock suction hook

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 5:02PM
presidentsdad

Thanks all! I found a classy (er) version of the Command Hook at Amazon that I won't have to drill into my tile!

Bookmark   March 21, 2012 at 5:53PM
abeahive

I use a Lupo Powerlock Suction Hook and it hasn't fallen off once. I love it because I can hang a rag over the top part, a scrubbie off the bottom part and if I want it will hold my razor. It's a little tricky getting it on but once you get it it's not coming off. It's not the most 'elegant' looking thing but then what suction hook is. But with my rag over it you can't really see it anyway.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lupo Powerlock Suction Hook

Bookmark   March 27, 2012 at 4:27PM
rsoronen

I had the same issue about half a year ago. I ended up going with the command hooks (thanks olychick!). I know you already decided...but for anyone else struggling, here's a picture how mine are:

Oh, and by the way, they're the command hooks using the water/wet area friendly strips (they're blue!). They've held up beautifully for the past 7 months!

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous thread on Pouf hooks!

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 8:59PM
More Discussions
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Shower glass strong enough to hold towel?
We will be getting semi-frameless glass shower walls....
risforremodel
amerec vs mr steam vs thermasol steam shower
Trying to choose a steam shower for a 4 x 5 shower...
panchoandlefty
Help me finish designing bathroom
Need a little help and to ask if you think I'm heading...
fourhappy
Sponsored Products
Amba SAFS Plug-In Towel Warmer - SAFSB-24
$200.00 | Hayneedle
Meet You Halfway Ladder
$99.99 | Dot & Bo
Lobster Seaside Hook Rug
Grandin Road
Anthracite and Chrome Rectangular 22 Inch Towel Bar
TheBathOutlet
New Blue/Ivory Hand Knotted 9'x12' Antiqued Oriental Heriz Serapi Wool Rug H3243
BH Sun Inc
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Blossom Light Green/Multi 5 ft.
Home Depot
Empress Hydronic Heated Towel Warmer Luxury Chrome Bathroom Radiator
Hudson Reed
Glama Wall Sconce
LBC Lighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™