wipers

paddleNovember 20, 2005

What are the best wipers out there?(for winter driving)Teflon?

thanx for any input.

jim

ONTARIO

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
timbulb

New ones of any kind are decent. I believe wipers should be changed every 15,000 kms. But my area of the world has sometimes harsh winter conditions, so I change them every spring.

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 8:12PM
earthworm

An unfriendly environment is harsh on wipers and everything else...Excessive sun(UV rays), road salt, acid rain....
I buy those cheapies from Big Lots for one dollar, and they work well and last....
Our winters down here in SE PA are not that severe, I see no need for special winter wipers(the rubber covered ones)..

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 8:59PM
airforceguy

Hey Jim When I resided in Canada (now living in Arlington VA) I Usually went to Canadian Tire and bought their Teflon wipers. Had pretty good luck with them. Can't beat Canadian Tire money either. Can't wait to spend Xmas in Saskatoon. I'm going through Tim Hortons withdrawal. Cheers. Scott

Bookmark   November 20, 2005 at 9:19PM
steve_o

I've gotten quite good life out of Bosch wipers (standard on my VW). I tried winter blades once and was not impressed with them. The biggest problem I have is with wipers freezing to the windshield, and winter blades really don't do anything about that. Better to keep the windshield and blade rubber clean.

Bookmark   November 21, 2005 at 8:29AM
More Discussions
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
Nissan 350Z P1757
My car Nissan 350Z 2007 has an issue. Trouble codes...
254qi
Honda Accord 2014 or 2013 navigation
I'm looking at a 2014 Accord and wondering whether...
maryann0625
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Power window goes down, but not up
The driver's side window on my 98 Chevy Venture would...
hardlyclever
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™