Basic Oven - Bosch, KA, Whirlpool?

samanaMarch 28, 2012

So far these forums have helped me find the Bluestar (36" rangetop) which I didn't know existed. I had been going back and forth between a GE Advantium and a Miele Speed Oven, but am now seriously thinking of going for Wolf's new steam/combi oven. I think they will be worth it, but this definitely pushes us past the original budget. So now I'm looking for a more reasonably priced oven to go below the Wolf.

30" seems to be the basic size for a new build and our other appliances will be stainless. This second oven would be for more occasional use - basically anything that couldn't fit in the Wolf (1.8 cu ft), big baking jobs, or when we need a second oven.

The local showroom (Wolf, Miele, KA, Jenn-Air, Bosch, GE) recommended against Electrolux. They can get it, but they don't have any so I can't take a look at them. That same salesperson also said he didn't think Bosch was that great anymore and compared them to the KA.

In the $1600 range are the Bosch 500 series, the KitchenAid Architect II and the Electrolux IQ-Touch. LG seems to have one for about $1500. I think that's already kind of pricey for a secondary oven. Frigidaire and Maytag are even less, and I'm all for spending less, but I just don't know much about their quality.

Thank you for any advice. I really need to make some final decisions soon because I normally have little extra time and all this research is eating up my sleep!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jbart

For occasional use, I think the Frigidaire or a GE in the $1000 range would work fine. No need to spend a ton or seek every feature. My 25-old GE, without convection, does most everything I need. (I am replacing it with Electrolux Wavetouch. It will get more than occasional use).

Big question is whether it will look right near the Wolf.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 1:29PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
clarygrace

I would go either with the Electrolux as it is a good oven and has great reviews as well as neat glide racks or the Bosch, which I believe has a pretty large cavity. Good luck!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 1:40PM
More Discussions
Daily Luxury Convenience (Combi Steam) vs. Tried & True Dbl Oven
I asked questions about the steam oven last month....
lawjedi
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
Why are my frozen bananas melting?
Not sure the right forum for this, but I freeze bananas...
weedyacres
36" Blue star range- tight on space and can't decide on one electric o
Doing a kitchen renovation and have space for a 36"...
nismo99
Can you cook a good beef filet in a Miele combi steam oven?
I spent some time at an appliance dealer yesterday...
barbja99
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™