1993 Grand AM SE question.

thirdfrtNovember 12, 2007

Before I begin, I want you to know that I know nothing about this particular car other than it is a 1993 Pontiac Grand AM SE. It does have a small engine in it but I don't know what size engine.

Now here goes. I have a friend who purchased a 1993 Pontiac Grand AM SE about a week ago. It also needs extensive work and he happened to mention that he cannot find the (Ok here is where I have no idea what you call it)bottle or plastic container that holds water that you use to clean off your windshield. He tried to run it down checking with the small hoses that go up to the windshield near the wiper blades. It looks like it is underneath the car not on top where all you have to do is Open up a cap and pour the water in and then close the cap and your done.

Can anyone tell me where it is located and how you can fill it with water? All I saw was the bottle that goes to the radiator and nothing else. He is stumped and still learning about this car.

Also while I am at it, is there any place that he can go to find a book on this car? Would he be able to find one in a library?

Thank you so much for your help. I hope that I have provided enough info here to be able to get an answer for him.

thirdfrt!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
johndeere

Check around the side fender wells.There ahould be a cap where you fill the washer tank.The tank might be hidden in the fender.Many GM cars are this way including chevy cavalier and Buick century.

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 5:52AM
chad_said

Look in the glove box. Many cars include an owner's manual located there, designed to answer questions such as this.

Bookmark   November 12, 2007 at 10:52AM
thirdfrt

Hi johndeere,

There ahould be a cap where you fill the washer tank.The tank might be hidden in the fender

You are right the tank is hidden in the fender, it is on the left side fender (Drivers side), he found that, but there doesn't seem to be a cap anywhere. He pointed it out to me but I didn't see any cap either. I will give him the information you gave to me here. He just may be over looking it. Thanks a bunch!

Hi chad said,

Look in the glove box. Many cars include an owner's manual located there, designed to answer questions such as this.

You are absolutely right chad, you would think they would keep the manual in the car, especially in the glove box. Well, I am sorry to say there was no manual in the glove box. He is wanting to restore this car, but I think he has a lot of work to do on it and not having a manual will make it harder for him to find things. I told him to check at the library or he may have to call a Pontiac Dealer to find out where he can get a manual for that year car.

I thank you for your response.

thirdfrt!!!

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 1:58AM
reekola

Car parts store may have repair manuals, that are more detailed then owner's manual (if he's planning on fixing things on his own (Haynes or Chiltons?) - I may heve misspelled those.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 2:27PM
thirdfrt

Thank you reekola, I forgot all about those repair manuals. I will pass it along.

thirdfrt!!!

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 12:15AM
airforceguy

Ebay is a great place to pick up old car/truck manuals. I just checked for a 1993 grand am, and lots of them on there.

Bookmark   November 15, 2007 at 5:51AM
More Discussions
too much pressure in cooling system
I have a 95 sable that lost heat about a year ago....
anggi821
Radio antenna badly bent at car wash
I know this is going to sound really stupid but what...
africanboy
Failing transmission questions
I have a 2001 Honda Odyssey, 167,000 miles. I've always...
catherinet
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Sponsored Products
Rachel Latte Fusion Jack LED Bronze Mini Pendant
$426.96 | Bellacor
Glideaway Youth Metal Bed - White - MB-YWF
$198.00 | Hayneedle
AICO Furniture - Monte Carlo II Gentleman's Chest in Silver Pearl...
Great Furniture Deal
GCI Outdoor Pico Arm Chair - 18015
$89.19 | Hayneedle
Aico Furniture - Tuscano Mansion Bed -...
Great Furniture Deal
AICO Furniture - After Eight Light Gold Contemporary Flare Arm...
Great Furniture Deal
Abetta Flex Nylon Round Skirt Saddle - 20501F4BK
$363.75 | Hayneedle
Abbey Amber/Red Fusion Jack LED Satin Nickel Mini Pendant
$285.84 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™