Love this sink, but it has no overflow...

elizawhyzaMarch 31, 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a large sink for a 5' bath vanity that can accommodate 2 faucets. I really like the Kohler Brockway, which I would use as a drop in for a vanity.

Unfortunately, it has no overflow. Let's just say that on occasion I've been known to forget that I left the water running, so in the interest of limiting marital drama to things that can't be prevented, I need a sink with an overflow. :-)

http://www.wayfair.com/Kohler-Brockway-4-Laundry-Sink-with-Drillings-for-Two-Faucets-K-3202-0-KOH11191.html

This sink is a utility sink, and from what I gather, they don't have overflows.

Do you know of any sinks that resemble this one that have an overflow?

Many thanks, in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
enduring

I love that sink. Do you leave the kitchen sink running too? I would think you could train yourself :) Another thought is that you could get those automatic on off faucets that turn off themselves.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 4:47PM
elizawhyza

Interesting idea about the automatic faucet. I have seen those in public bathrooms, but hadn't thought about them being available for home.

I will work on training myself in the meantime. The kitchen is the one that is more of a problem. Sometimes I walk away when I am filling it to let something soak. I've gotten much better about it, but I just get distracted! Embarrassing!

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 4:54PM
kmcg

Great sink! This about how often you would even be plugging the drain. I don't do that often in my bathroom sink, so the lack of overflow wouldn't be a big worry.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 5:40PM
linnybinny

That's an interesting idea for a bathroom sink -- is that what you're doing with it? I dont think you specifically said, but you did say it's a laundry sink...

You could always put in those little grate drains instead of a pop-up. That way you'd have to cover the drain with a rubber thingy or something if you actually need to fill it for some reason. Less likely to accidently have the drain stopped up and then overflow it.

I bought two glass bowl vessel sinks for my master bath, and they have no overflow either. I did do the pop up drains because I don't ever have a problem with leaving the tap running. :)

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 11:56PM
Olychick

That's what I was thinking, too. You could leave the water running forever and it wouldn't fill that sink unless you plugged the drain. My vessel sink has no overflow and can't be plugged, but I did have one close call when I turned on the water to get hot to wash my face and laid the washcloth on the sink and it floated over the drain. Oops. But I saw it in time.

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 2:20AM
elizawhyza

Good points, all! I'm not worried anymore! Thanks for pointing all this out.

Here's a link to installations of the sink:

http://pinterest.com/kohlerco/brockway-sink/

Bookmark   April 1, 2012 at 7:42AM
More Discussions
Do I really need a steam shower?
We are in the process of finalizing plans for redoing...
attygirl
Textured tile on the floor of shower for safety?
I read this suggestion somewhere, has anyone used this...
prairiemoon2 z6 MA
Anyone have Swanstone shower base?
I was able to dig up the technical/testing specs for...
cataan
Shower Size OK?
We're in the middle of a renovation of our master suite...
ntrainer
Has anyone seen an interior door handle like this in the States?
Sorry for the link but I couldn't find an image to...
ceezeecz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™