Knobs, pulls, or both?

jewelisfabulousMarch 3, 2014

I have no idea how to decide whether to put knobs, pulls, or a combination of both on my new bathroom vanity. What do you good people recommend?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lotteryticket

I used a combination...cup pulls on drawers and knobs on doors. Both from the same Schaub line in chrome. On the linen tower I did the same...two drawers at the bottom with cup pulls and two doors at the top with knobs. They look fine.

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 10:50AM
Babka NorCal 9b

Both. Top Knobs and some other companies will send you 3 "free" samples, (you pay S&H). I liked these square ones and added a backplate to each.

-Babka

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 12:49PM
xc60

I like the look of both. But for practical reasons on lower drawers and doors I would prefer pulls or handles that cords can't get caught on when I blow dry or curl/straighten my hair. I've had bar pulls and knobs and on both the cords would get caught, drove me nuts, lol.

On our new build I had told the cabinet company to put knobs on all doors and drawers and when the installer came he put cup pulls on all drawers instead. I was relieved when I saw that as I was worried about the cords catching at my built-in vanity in our dressing area that has all drawers, so was happy with the mistake.

In the main bath the installer put knobs on doors and cup pulls on the drawers.

Babka, that hardware is gorgeous!

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 2:34PM
Linelle

babka, I forget if you've already mentioned this, but what is the finish on your lights, faucets, towel rings and knob/pulls? Same? Different? Intentional mix?

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 1:46PM
Babka NorCal 9b

Linelle- Everything in there is chrome, except for the schluter edging around the mosaic tiles, which is brushed stainless.

-Babka

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 7:55PM
Linelle

Babka, thanks! It looks fantastic. I will also be going all chrome, except I'm going to do something different for pulls and/or knobs, still TBD.

Bookmark   May 1, 2014 at 8:36PM
jackfre

We did a combination in the baths, laundry and kitchen. Used Top-knobs in the Kitchen, and some antique units out of the old kitchen in the rest of the spaces. Check out Lee-valley for hardware too.

Bookmark   May 2, 2014 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Where to place/plan for grab bars
We are remodeling our hall bathroom (and kitchen)....
crl_
Layout help
Hello, I wanted to ask for feedback on my planned layout...
caligirl5
Opinions on Water Creation Vanities??
I am strongly considering the Water Creation 72"...
likewhatyoudo
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
Originally posted in "Plumbing" I cannot...
rantontoo
Microsilk vs. Air Tub (Jason) OR Bain Ultra
Apologies for the additional thread. I realize there...
divotdiva
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™