NISSAN Quest Right Turn Singal Handle Will not Hold

junminliuOctober 12, 2013

I have NIssan Quest 2000 minvan. The left-turn signal handle holds well. But, the right-turn singal handle will not hold. I have to manually hold it to keep right-turn singal light up.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

It seems that the detent in the switch is worn or a detent spring device is shot. My guess for repair is replace the switch in the steering column. You'll need a good repair manual to guide you for removing the steering column covers and the steering wheel. If there is an air bag in the steering wheel, extra precaution is needed when working around this beastie. Maybe its best to let the garage do it.

But first, have the dealer confirm that the problem is the switch.

If a replcaement switch is needed, see if you can locate a switch. Your vehicle is 13 model years old and dealers in many states stock or will order repair parts only up to 7 years old. If you have over 100,000 miles on the vehicle, a used part from a quality salvage yard might last the remaining life of the van. Try to get one from a low mileage van. It'll likely be from a wreck that was 'totaled' by an insurance company.

A dealer my not put in a used part since they can not warranty it. Don't be surprised if they ask you to sign a waiver.

If this turns out to be too much of a hassle, talk to your favorite independent garageman.

Bookmark   October 14, 2013 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
99' Blazer won't start when it's cold!
I would love to talk to John_G. I read some responses...
fastedy
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Warning:Quaker State Oil Filters
Better check your filters really close. I used to simply...
andyf
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™