Engine Knock and loss of power

andre_mediaOctober 6, 2013

2001 Corrola wityh about 170K. Burns some oil, so we just put some in,, maybe two much. (3 quarts). After driving 20 minutes engine knock and power was going quickly.

It now starts right up, but has an engine knock and you get no power from gas pedal.

Did we blow the engine with too much oil? Can it be resolved by draining some oil.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andre_media

Also to add. The sound is like shaking a can of spray paint. It is not a loung clanging. Thanks

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 12:34PM
mxyplx

Read the site. I found it by Googling this phrase >what happens with too much oil in the crankcaseThere are lots of hits. It's a better than even chance you have broken your engine. Don't start it again.

Here is a link that might be useful: Read This and Weep

Bookmark   October 6, 2013 at 11:29PM
hamrecycling

Sounds like a broken push rod, connecting to the piston. If the push rod breaks, the piston can not move. Will result in no compression. Please be careful, and take to a mechanic.

Bookmark   April 23, 2014 at 4:14PM
jemdandy

With a grossly overfill of oil, this can happen: The crank hits the oil and churns it. The oil aerates, churning heats the oil, lubricity reduces, and oil pressure may falter and at cruising speeds. bearings begin to fail and cam surfaces may be damaged. Due to loss of pressure, hydraulic lifters may not support cam loads and excessive tappet gaps may appear.

Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 1:38AM
More Discussions
Tire Question
I have a 2007 Honda Ridgeline with 13,000 miles (yes,...
momrox4
Lexus vs Toyota Avalon
OK guys, here is another one for you. (I apologize...
Lynne_SJO
Hey All
This Is Sophie.I Am New To This Forum.
sophie18
pump keeps stopping when trying to fill gas tank
Hi! Can someone give me a clue what might be suddenly...
twinklenose
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™