A Leaner, Meaner "New & Improved Plan"?
Thanks for everyone's input so far. After spending two lunch hours at the design firm looking at plans, borrowing and reviewing eight or so plan books from my builder, and looking at many plans on the internet I still keep coming back to what I earlier called the "New & Improved Plan". Of course, it was 9' too wide for my lot, BUT I think that I've gotten that plan down to 65' ft wide. Basically the modifications are:
(1) Shortened the garage by 2 ft which makes for two 24' bays and one 20' bay.
(2) Eliminated 5 ft of width off the left side of the house. (Mostly closets, bath, and third bedroom. Original study converted to third bedroom & formal dining converted to study. Only took 6" off one remaining left side bedroom and widened the other.)
(3) Took 2 ft out of the center of the house (living room/left side of entry/patio).
(4) Lengthened left side of house aprox 5 ft. to make walk-in closets.
(5) Lengthened living room to 20'.
(6) Lengthened portion of breakfast area to include previous "covered patio".
(7) Squared off master bedroom where bay window was & added bay window to office. Thoughts on bay window on front office? (I'll attach pic of elevation.)
Revised dimensions are estimates. I'm estimating that bathroom #2 will be about 7' x 12'. Thoughts on that size and layout improvements?