Electrolux vs Fridgidaire Professional appliances

BergsMarch 17, 2012

I was told ystrday that aside from the Elux having more features, they are both (all Fridg. & Elux) manufactured from the same line. Both having plants in Mexico, the US and wherever else. Elux spending more on advertising than Fridg. therefore costing more.

My question being is there a big quality difference? I need all new appliances and must make a decision by the end of the month. My choices were GE gas cooktop & dbl. wall ovens with Whirlpool fridg. & DW. Then I changed my mind to Elux cooktop & dbl. ovens & possibly fridg. Sales & service for Elux is more Ltd. in my area. I like the SS look from the Prof. line better than Elux. I was not looking for the higher end Elux if that matters to anyone. I am going crazy & have read many posts about not matching SS & handles & going with one brand. It would be easier though! I have considered KA fridg. & DW also.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dickross

I got a frigidaire 27" double convection oven about 3 years ago. put it in and turned it on. been working fine ever since. Which is better than a lot of the $5000 ovens discussed on this board.

Quality is a very missused word. If you get an appliance that looks good easy to install, works out of the box and keeps working, How can another brand be better quality?

Bookmark   March 17, 2012 at 4:53PM
Bergs

I was referring to reliability.

Bookmark   March 19, 2012 at 9:56AM
scrapula

I had a Frigidaire Gallery fridge back around 1999. It had a stainless door but the sides were black. That was the one and only time I put in the color of stainless. Anyway, I had no problems with it. I've never owned anything with the Electrolux label. They are the same company.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 8:23AM
Bergs

I emailed both Frig. & Elux asking them about the differences. I have not heard back from Elux. but Frig. said it was a matter of looks & features. I don't especially like the side knobs on the Frig. 36" cooktop b/c it they take up more room than front knobs do. I have not read any posts eithers DW.

Bookmark   March 20, 2012 at 5:11PM
More Discussions
Bosch Benchmark slide-in induction range
I am pretty committed to going induction with our remodel....
steph2000
Need advice on combining induction and gas
This is my first post. Please forgive the length or...
jdsb2
Miele Oven Temperatures - Please Check Yours
So I'm back. I'm on my second Masterchef oven, after...
baver
Lacanche-beautiful but how functional?
I am very tempted to splurge on a Lacanche for our...
mbwestfall
Double Gaggeneau Oven vs. Single with Microwave/Convection
We are in the middle of remodeling our kitchen. I...
C C
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™