Thoughts on FiveStar Dual Fuel Range?

BAVEMarch 25, 2012

We're considering purchasing the FiveStar Dual Fuel 48" range (http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/TTN5257BW.html) from AJ Madison. I'd really appreciate any thoughts on the range. We're on a tight budget so this range really seemed to fit the bill.

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to the range

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joeboldt

just do a search on this site for fivestar. You'll get lots of discussions.

Bookmark   March 25, 2012 at 11:57AM
Elite_1

No personal experience, but a Fivestar gas range was one of the lowest scorers in Consumer Reports annual list.

If budget is a concern, do you need a 48". 36-42" are still plenty big.

For whatever size you need, consider looking for demo's, so-called scratch & dent's, clearance, etc.
Do check craigslist too. Many builders will advertise there to clear out high-end appliances they used to stage a show home / suite.
If you're a Costco member, check their site too.

A little legwork & research will stretch that budget out.

But remember to consider ventilation too, if you're doing a big upgrade with your range. Your current range hood may not suffice.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 7:52AM
Caddidaddy55

Please note, the open burners are the old style ring burners where the flame shoots out the sides, like the type every one made before the sealed burners came out, not at all like the CC, Bluestar, or American Range open burners. Also only 14,000 btu. The Fivestar sealed burners are 18,900 btu, and probbably easier to keep clean than those open rings. If the reason you are going for the duel fuel is because of the large oven, small oven combo, forget the duel fuel and go for this Capital Precision
http://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/GCR486B.html
for less money. six burners and a grille. You can use a griddle pan on the girlle, and the Capital is a true grille not a reversible grille/griddle pan that you could just as well use over twwo burners.

Bookmark   March 26, 2012 at 9:18AM
More Discussions
Best customer service for wall ovens?
I posted this comment to an older thread lamenting...
Mrs. Porchman
Gaggenau or Miele combi steam oven?
We are renovating our kitchen and are planning on a...
Treblemaker
New Bertazzoni Induction Range?
I just saw a press release from Bertazzoni about a...
ltislander
High end appliances thermador vs. dacor
I currently have dacor ovens. I am trying decide brands...
mcaprizs
Bertazzoni gas range comprehensive review
So I've seen this question presented a few times, and...
jgopp
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™