Bluestar servicing concerning

norapdsMarch 6, 2012

So we are seriously considering a Bluestar 48 - The major concern that my wife has is that living in central California is like living on the moon - OK not that bad but still her concern is about service and/or servicing the range. Should she be concerned? I love the idea that I can open up the BS and replace (by the sounds of it) any part inside of it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Caddidaddy55

The Bluestar is pretty basic, any reputable service company should be able to service it, maybe even your gas company. There are no electronics other than the ignitors. If you are reasonably handy, yes you can do it yourself. If you buy the new V1 you most likely will never need service.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 11:31AM
tyguy

Caddi summed it up.

These things are kinda of like the full size american car of yesteryear. Simple, easy to work on. Pretty certain my bs will be planted in the very spot it resides for the rest of my life.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 9:54PM
mojavean

There is absolutely nothing difficult about a Bluestar range. It is a low-tech beast, as close to a restaurant range as can be had. Period. The Capital Culinarian is an evolutionary move towards commercial range performance in a residential range. It is based around the Capital Precision line. The Bluestar is an evolutionary move towards a residential range from a commercial platform. It is based on the Garland restaurant range. It doesn't have any self-clean option. It has no rotisserie option. It is a simple machine that any competent gas or appliance tech can fix.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 11:35PM
MichelleDT

Agree with the above...have you also asked your retailer or regional BS rep about post purchase service? I did and now know that there will be no issues finding service should I need it.

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 11:38PM
norapds

Thank you all for your information. We went ahead and put a down payment on it and are now waiting :)

My wife feels much more comfortable with the purchase. As soon as she saw it she was in love. We can't wait to teach our kids how to cook on it and all the good memories that will be made around range.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 1:27PM
mojavean

Congrats to you, Nora_PDS. If it was love at first sight I think you will really be happy when you get it home. It is a very solid and capable range, built for the long haul.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 1:52PM
tyguy

Congrats. I know you will enjoy.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 1:53PM
MichelleDT

Congrats - for me it was LOVE at first Cook too. A multi hour session with the BS rep and I knew it was the one for me.

Color or stainless??

Cheers to your new range!

M

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 4:23PM
willtv

Your in for a real treat.
Happy cooking.
Post some pics when it arrives.

Bookmark   March 8, 2012 at 10:03PM
norapds

It finally came in - 2 months and 11 days later...

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:07PM
willtv

Pics?

Bookmark   May 20, 2012 at 9:39PM
norapds

We are living in a fixer-upper and have been cooking off a 2 burner electric hot plate for the last two years. The range will be well loved.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 1:12AM
tyguy

Nice range. Looks just like mine! :). You do have a couple more knobs tho, so I would think you have 8 burners? I have grill and griddle so two less knobs.

One thing I am wondering about tho, I thought the newer BS's kick plate was smooth with no louvers in it? I have even seen some in person that were smooth. I wonder if its an option?

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 9:32AM
willtv

Nice range.
Cute kid.

Bookmark   May 21, 2012 at 11:13AM
norapds

Tyguy - It's as new as I know it is :: Makes me only wonder... Especially since I have a door alignment problem.

Willtv - I had to sell the other one :)

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 1:01AM
MichelleDT

Nice range, cuter kid. I like the bottom panel with the louvers.

Bookmark   May 22, 2012 at 10:23AM
More Discussions
New Bluestar RCS model - Any Info? (RCS366BV2)
Most of the 36" RCS models are RCS36IRV1 right...
kwest2
Does Wolf M-Series Double Oven come with Temperature Probe?
If yes, great. If not, does anyone know how much the...
wcutiew
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
Bluestar Platinum Owners - How is your Range
How is it to use the grill and griddle? ie ease of...
dzaner
Any thoughts about Bosch and GE Profile appliances?
I am building a passive house and trying to choose...
di77ce
Sponsored Products
Bluestar 12-piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Overstock.com
Aaryan Blue Round: 8 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$460.95 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™