personal gas question

pawprint1September 11, 2005

Are you faithful to one gas station or gas brand?

Before the gas prices hit the roof I would drive out of my way for a Shell station. And pay a few cents extra a gallon. Now that weÂre still over $3.00 a gallon I have been cheating and going closer to home for cheaper gas.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cowboyind

I'm not faithful to gasoline brands. I'm a lot more faithful to stations that I like, such as those that have convenient in and out access, wide lanes between the pumps so it doesn't become a traffic jam in there, well maintained and stocked towel dispensers, and window washing water that's kept replenished.

I do not believe there is much, if any, difference between gasoline brands, so I'll go to the off-brand stations if they are nice in the ways I mentioned above. I do avoid gas with ethanol in it if I can because my vehicles get poorer gas mileage on that than they do on straight gasoline.

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 4:40PM
bill_h

nope, they all use the same fungable product, theres no diff. when we pump gasoline say shell for instance it goes to all companys, same with marathon,citgo,and the rest, so buy whatever is cheapest, its all the same. also no need to spring for premium if you dont need it same detergents go in all grades

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 4:41PM
gary__

I go for a combination of cheepest I can find and easiest station to get in and out of. I won't wait in a mob with 30 cars when I can drive down the street, pay 2 cents more per gallon and be on my way. Hope the price goes down. Tomorrow sometime will be fill up day for me again.

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 8:58PM
steve_o

I patronize two stations in particular. One is the nearest one that carries "B20" -- diesel fuel that is 20% biodiesel. The car runs better on it and it's that much less oil that has to be imported. The other station is the one I use when it is not convenient to get to the biodiesel station -- and I go there because they move a lot of diesel fuel and it's always fresh and cheaper than at many stations along the freeways. That does make me fairly price-insensitive.

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 11:32PM
airforceguy

NOPE!! I go for the Cheap stuff. The local HESS station is normally the cheapest. i wont go to a place thats dirty and rough looking though. Never had a problem with HESS gas. Same MPG as Shell.

Bookmark   September 12, 2005 at 9:41AM
johndeere

I try to stick with BP just because thats what I buy localy.When I buy from different areas I look for a station that appears to sell a lot of gas.I avoid the ones that look like they get a dozen customers a day.That way I know the gas is not old.Also if they set in a low area I avoid them to lessen the chances of gas with water contamination.

Bookmark   September 12, 2005 at 2:25PM
pawprint1

Nissan told me to stay away from BP. I've heard many oxygen sensor problems due to BP gas and Nissans.

Bookmark   September 12, 2005 at 6:33PM
bill_h

its all the same pawprint1, bp uses everybodys gas, so do the rest of the companys, they trade product back and forth all day everyday.

Bookmark   September 13, 2005 at 9:27PM
westranch

I don't even have to leave the house to have a personal gas problem! However, I do buy whatever is cheapest for my car.

Bookmark   September 19, 2005 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
want to purchase new Car
Hi guys .i want to purchase new car but I am confused..need...
Bill Payday
Problem with remote starter
I had a remote starter (AS-1780) installed on my 2014...
coryL
Warning:Quaker State Oil Filters
Better check your filters really close. I used to simply...
andyf
Radio antenna badly bent at car wash
I know this is going to sound really stupid but what...
africanboy
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
Sponsored Products
Black Calavera Square Throw Pillow
$32.99 | zulily
Hot Pink Monogram Bottle Sleeve
$15.99 | zulily
Triple Milled 3-Bar Soap and Guest Towel Set with Fleur de Lis - Gold
$39.00 | FRONTGATE
DENY Designs Jacqueline Maldonado Zig Zag Ikat Fleece Throw Blanket Multicolor -
$59.00 | Hayneedle
Campania International Disappearing Leaf Sculpture Outdoor Fountain - FT-241-AL
$889.99 | Hayneedle
Resort Quilted Bath Towel
$31.50 | FRONTGATE
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™