Xenon Headlight Conversion

reekolaSeptember 9, 2011

Would like some brighter headlights, since getting harder to see at night (getting old!). have Silverstar Ultra bulbs in cars now, but still would like brighter. Anyone have any thoughts on the Xenon Headlight Conversion kits out there? Or other alternatives?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
joe_mn

By law u cannot use hid bulbs in reflector units. U can if you have projector style lights. U can buy aftermarket light assy's for some cars. Buddy has 2011 accord and is looking at new lenses. $500 for housings and more for hid bulbs. U could drive slower. That increases your stopping ability. Ha-ha.

Bookmark   September 14, 2011 at 11:27AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
reekola

Well, I decided to buy two new replacement headlight assemblies, then put in Silverstar Ultra halogen bulbs. What a difference! 300% better light! The plastic on the old ones was just too weathered and dull. Had used the headlight polish kits from auto parts stores several times, but it only helped a little. Definitely worth the $225 for new units. Thanks for advice on the xenon conversion - probably would have cost much more to legally convert to those and bulb replacement is probably much higher and possibly more frequent.

Bookmark   September 21, 2011 at 2:24PM
More Discussions
Car accelerating on its own
Hi! First time poster here and am sure hoping you can...
twinklenose
car alarm going off at odd times
We have a Hyundai that suddenly decided the entire...
Chickey Wingz
Hey All
This Is Sophie.I Am New To This Forum.
sophie18
dump my buick rendezvous?
Do you know the Buick Rendezvous? Mine has been outstanding...
handywidow
2004 Madza Tribute Catalytic converters
My daughters 2004 Tribute would not accelerate and...
good36
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™