Dash Light(s) Out '90 Nissan Maxima

reekolaSeptember 5, 2007

Dash Light(s) Out '90 Nissan Maxima. Totally dark at night when headlights on. All the gauges seem to work all right. No other electrical problems that I know of.

Didn't see a fuse labeled for dash lights. Could the bulb be burned out? If so, not sure how to get at it. Any advice appreciated.

thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
steve_o

There likely is more than one fuse for all the dash lights. Do you have the owner's manual? That should list fuses. Also, most cars have a rheostat (knob) you can turn to vary the brightness of the dash lighting. Have you tried twisting that to see if it's just conducting poorly?

There's more than one bulb; unless something fried, I would think it odd that all of them went out at the same time. But stranger things have happened.

Bookmark   September 5, 2007 at 11:01PM
john999

Have you tried turning the dash light dimmer ?

Bookmark   September 6, 2007 at 10:21PM
reekola

I just looked at taillights this morning when I had the headlights on - they were out as well. Looks like they may be on the same fuse. I'll check them out tonight. My fuse cover was lost, but I found it this weekend, so should be able to find it.

Thanks for you help!

Bookmark   September 11, 2007 at 8:54AM
reekola

Yup - it was the tail light fuse that was blown. Dash lights were also on that fuse. Neither the fuse panel nor the manual said anything about dash lights, but I searched the web for my problem and saw several other posts for different cars that described both being on the same fuse, so I checked my tail lights and low and behold, they were out as well! I wouldn't have even known if I didn't look. Guess I should check all my lights more often.

Thanks for the help.

Bookmark   September 13, 2007 at 1:54PM
johnmoore4u

I think buying new dash light is the best option according to me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Nissan Maxima Parts

Bookmark   March 3, 2011 at 5:01AM
More Discussions
Blown tire on a dying car........
Well, in my other post I talked about how my transmission...
catherinet
Cost to Replace Car Battery?
DH took our 2005 Jaguar X-Type into the dealer for...
chisue
1992 Chevy Truck 1500 running BAD!
About 2 1/2 years ago my truck was running bad, had...
arkansas_girl
Consumer reports
I can't find a Consumer Reports Used car buying guide....
evaf555
Lexus vs Toyota Avalon
OK guys, here is another one for you. (I apologize...
Lynne_SJO
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™