The PERFECT lot....but may not get a permit!

lzerarcFebruary 8, 2012

Well I am used to dealing with code and inspectors often with my job, but did not think it would put a halt of my own home! We found the perfect lot at a perfect price. However it uses a "community" waste management system which currently has several violations pending against it with the DNR and the county. The lot is located away from the current homes, and I am pressing/proposing to the county to allow construction if I install a private septic system. They are very reluctant to allow this until issues are resolved.

Has anyone had a similar issue? If so, any tips on dealing with this?

I deal in commercial, so residential and septic is a near area for me.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lavender_lass

The only problem I can think of...they may allow you to install a septic system, but then when the 'other issues' are resolved...may demand you connect to the community sewer lines. This can be quite expensive. We have friends/family that are being transitioned from septic to sewer in a nearby town...and it's been a very expensive headache.

Hope you have better success...maybe the good price is reflecting these potential problems. It sounds like a great deal, if you can work out the other issues :)

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 12:39PM
More Discussions
Ventless fireplace
I know there is a fireplace section on the forum, but...
okla1706
Lessons of this Winter
I find lots of people are guided by aesthetics and...
edlincoln
We have started construction!!
We have just started construction of our new home in...
Jack Mason
Sending my floor plan modifications to the architect. Ideas?
I have to have all my structural changes decided by...
houserookie
Savings - basement bar with laminate
Working on finding ways to get closer to our original...
Mini Soda
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™