Shower Mirror

dcwesleyMarch 9, 2013

DH likes to shave in the shower. Over the years we have hung shower mirrors from the shower head. We have to replace it every two to three years, and frankly, it never looks very good. Do others have a mirror in your shower?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mydreamhome

We have one that has suction cups on the back that attach to the wall. It has a nice size mirror on top then a small basket (big enough for a can of shaving cream), a razor hook and wash cloth hook underneath it. The finish is a venetian bronze-y color that coordinates with our plumbing fixtures in the shower so it looks like it "goes" with the rest of the shower. The mirror always seems to get water spots even though water never directly hits it. Is that what you mean by your mirror never looking good? Or is it more a design thing?

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 9:55AM
dcwesley

Thank you for the response. "Never looking good" - in part it has usually been a cheap white plastic frame, and after a few months the mirror starts to "go". Suction cups sound like a possibility and something besides white plastic would be nice. Do you know where you got yours?

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 10:38AM
mydreamhome

I got ours at Target. I don't know if they still have the bronze-y colored ones, but I have seen the shiny chrome and the satin nickel. I did a quick search on Target.com and here's what I found that's similar:

http://www.target.com/p/interdesign-fog-free-mirror-bronze/-/A-11324484#prodSlot=medium_2_7&term=interdesign

http://www.target.com/p/interdesign-forma-fog-free-suction-mirror-silver/-/A-14026489#prodSlot=medium_1_4&term=interdesign

Generally, they have more in the store too. As spring is starting, I would expect to see their selection grow at least temporarily as weveryone gets the spring cleaning/spruce-up bug.

Hope this helps!

Bookmark   March 9, 2013 at 11:12AM
torontotim

I have been shaving in my shower for 20+ years and have never used a mirror to do so. I'd suggest he try without one to start with :) If I miss a spot I just tidy myself up over the sink.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 4:00PM
pricklypearcactus

What about installing a wall-mount mirror like this one? (I have no idea whether this would hold up in the shower, but it is made by a plumbing/faucet company, so perhaps.)

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 2:42PM
xedos

Clear Mirror make a kit that you put into the wall flush with the tile.

They are $$$, about $300-$400 and require a lot of planning and precise tile work or it will be a disaster.

I would not put one in a steam shower either.

Here is a link that might be useful: ne plus ultra shower mirror

Bookmark   March 11, 2013 at 8:41PM
More Discussions
shower pan worries. Is any of his method correct?
Unsure about my plumber's method. Could I get some...
mmaggied
White tubs not really white?
For our new build, I have chosen Imperial Blanco white...
mom2sulu
What do you think about jets and rain shower?
Any body going with or have them already in their shower? DH...
houserookie
Grout experts, Fusion Pro, Kerapoxy, Spectralock, Bostik?
Or Tec Power grout? I'm trying to choose something...
happyallison
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
North Wales Mirror
Lightology
Kingston Brass Magellan KB24AL Tub and Shower Faucet Set - KB241AL
$94.22 | Hayneedle
White "Porcupine Quill" Mirror - WHITE
$775.00 | Horchow
Bassett Mirror Belgian Modern Graphic Map Of San Francisco
Beyond Stores
Chelsea Home 6 Drawer Dresser w/ Mirror in Cinnamon
Beyond Stores