Moen Valve?

dcwesleyMarch 10, 2013

I am getting ready to order the fixtures for the shower. Many thanks for those who have patiently answered my questions. We are planning on 2 Meon Velocity Rainshowers and a Moen 4 funtion handheld shower.

It appears to me I need to order a Moen 3330 transfer valve which will let us control the temperature and flow with one handle, and control which heads are used (2 rainheads or handheld) with the other handle.

My question is if anyone has experinece with the Moen transfer valve. Several reviews of the trim kits seem to indicate that there are problems with making the handles sit flush on the wall.

Should I look for a different valve? Can I use showerheads from one company (Moen) and a valve from another? (I would guess the answer is "yes".) I would assume I need to select the trim kit from the same manufacturer as the valve. If we don't use Moen for the valve, are there other recommendations?

Here is a link that might be useful: Moen review

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
millworkman

Have you asked your plumbing supply house about this? They should be able to give you this info.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 1:18PM
mongoct

I sort of answered your valve question on your other thread.

As to shower heads and supply valves they can indeed be from different manufacturers. You are correct, the trim kit should be matched to the valve.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 3:51PM
kirkhall

My plumber said "Moen valves don't have a lot of wiggle room" so he wanted to know exactly what wall finish was going on the wall (tile) and how thick it was going to be. We're tiling now, so I can't say yet if it worked out okay. I'm holding my breath.

Bookmark   March 10, 2013 at 4:57PM
More Discussions
Console legs for wall-mount sink?
We have installed this sink in our bathroom: http://www.ybath.com/duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin.html?utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_content=duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&cvosrc=pla.google.duravit-starck-3-double-furniture-washbasin&gclid=CKjNlI3C08QCFYhhfgodmE8A8Q The...
lesleymatson
Master Bath Reveal - Small space, big style
We don't have the bathroom shade installed yet, but...
piscesgirl
Faux Carrera on floor and in shower, what countertop?
Love the look of all marble bathrooms but I don't have...
rpk1
Size of light in powder room?
We are building right now. My plan for the half bath...
brodyt
Which Tile Color for DH's "Manly" Bathroom?
The vanity/sink is the only thing we've done so far....
monicakm_gw
Sponsored Products
Hudson Reed Revive High Gloss Black Vertical Designer Radiator 70 x 14
Hudson Reed
Remer by Nameeks J40 Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - REMER J40
$305.00 | Hayneedle
Remer by Nameeks NT30US Diverter Valve Trim - REMER NT30US
$262.00 | Hayneedle
Reproduction Cross-Handle Sink Faucets
Signature Hardware
Traditional Thermostatic Shower System, Round Head & Arm & Jet Sprays
Hudson Reed