Help! Which cycle with Miele DW Conditioner?

cat_momMarch 3, 2013

I am about to run the bottle through a cycle in my Optima, but all it says in the instructions--run a "standard" cycle of 60 C degrees/140 F degrees or more. Can't recall the temp settings for the different cycles on our machine (not listed in the manual).

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
fauguy

I use the Pots Pans cycle since it has the longest and hottest wash cycle, followed by two rinses.

Actually, what I do is instead of using the full bottle, I pour it into the detergent compartment on the door. That way I get about 5 uses per bottle. I do that like once a month.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 1:36PM
cat_mom

aaaargh--I didn't see your post before running the machine! Thank you for replying though!!!

I am running it on Normal cycle now. Figured Normal might be what the instructions call Standard. I was tempted to use Pots and Pans, or even Sani(tary), but didn't. :(

I will run a couple of Rinse and Hold cycles afterward though--good idea.

If you don't use the entire bottle, do you get the full effect of the conditioner? Any added benefit, or contraindications to using it every month?

We've never cleaned or conditioned our MIele (have had it/been using it almost 6 years now), so a full bottle's worth probably a good idea, at least this first time. It certainly was inexpensive enough (Amazon), especially if it were to be used only a few times a year.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 1:49PM
whirlpool_trainee

Yes, Pots and Pans would be the right cycle. You don't need to runs extra rinse cycles, though. The conditioner is just (an expensive version of) critic acid for the most part.

Alex

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 6:17PM
fauguy

The first time I used it I did the full bottle using the Normal cycle, this was 6 months after using the new dishwasher. Then six months later I did another full bottle, but on the Pots Pans mode since it runs the wash cycle the longest and hottest. After that, I figured I could just do it once every other month by pouring the cleaning liquid into the door dispenser. That way it will open and release during the wash cycle, and the bottle has lasted me a full year.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 6:56PM
cat_mom

Next time I will use Pots and Pand cycle. It should say that on the label. I used Normal cycle. Oh well.

I did the rinses already. No big deal as it's a very short cycle.

I am probably more likely to use the conditioner a few times a year at best, since it needs to be used with an empty DW. If I start remembering to use it more often than that l, I can use less, more often.

Thanks for the help!!!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Induction + Teppanyaki match?
Hi all, We are beginning our new build. Before we...
twobelles
Anyone with a double oven range wish they had gone with wall ovens?
My DH thought we'd get a double oven range, but I like...
happyallison
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
danadevy
Need A New Keurig - Suggestions?
Our Keurig at the lake bit the dust. The single cup...
amck2
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Drawers-do you have them?
I am in need of guidance. From what I can gather, it's...
beekeeperswife
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™