Do you know what this part is called?

zamber8March 4, 2012

There is a black gasket/seal that runs along the outside of the glass top on my Kenmore range. It prevents crumbs from getting underneath the top. This has come loose in one section on the stove and I can see below the glass now.

I need to replace/fix it however I'm having a hard time finding out what this part is called and how I would go about fixing it.

Any ideas?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Look up your model number a I do it for you, but you didn't include the required piece of info.

    Bookmark   March 4, 2012 at 11:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

The model number is 629.46775693. When I enter it on the sears part website it pulls up 629.46775690 which doesn't look like my stove and I don't see the rubber seal on the diagram.


    Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 2:18PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I think it's either a seal strip or a part they don't sell without the entire top portion of the stove top. I would call Sears Parts and find out what the part is called and if it is available for purchase by itself. Get the part name, part number & price. Then check the website for a price comparison. When ordering a part for our Kenmore washer, APP was significantly less expensive & the part shipped out & delivered faster.

Hope this helps!

    Bookmark   March 5, 2012 at 9:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dadoes brings up your specific model, but shows a cooktop glass with black trim, not white (or almond or bisque?). Listed as Part Number 5706X164-09, $375. Searching by the part number, Sears lists $231.33. $257.54.

    Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 9:52AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Shark Hard Surface Steam CleanerSE3306C steam not coming out of nozzle
Hi, Our Shark Hard Surface Steam Cleaner is heating...
Please help. Oven is only turning on if I light it manually...
Hello all. I was wondering if anyone can give me an...
Oven size vs cabinet size
In my search for a new oven I noticed that all have...
Who makes Counter Depth fridge less than 36" wide
Hi, who makes a counter depth fridge that is only say...
Brad Goodyear
48 inch Bertazoni Dual Fuel or MIELE Range and Combi Oven Steamer
I am putting my options of getting the range. I have...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™