wall oven replacement

ailene54March 28, 2013

When I cleaned my Kenmore wall oven first time glass had white steaks all over it.... after repair came and said problem with oven. long story made shorter they are replacing oven with a10% restocking fee (oven is 1 year old) will also have to pay for installation because my contractor did the installation. I'm not sure how long we will be in the house (DH is talking about moving, I'm not... Love my house), he asked me if a convection oven it's better for resale? All other appliances are Kenmore elite, should I upgrade to convection oven now?? Do you think it's better for resale? My kitchen came out beautiful, neighbor who is real estate saleswoman commented how it increased value of my house by 40-50,000 (I did budget update, before appliances cost 13,000. Your suggestions will be appreciated.... oh the glass on the convection oven is darker, so if glass is dirty I don't think it would show as much too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jadeite

IMO buyers seldom look closely at appliances. If they look nice, and are relatively new, they will be impressed. Of course, if your prospective buyers are enthusiastic cooks, they will note the lack of convection oven as a small negative. I really don't think the convection or lack thereof will add to the value of the house, or increase chances of resale. We bought our present home 18 months ago knowing that the appliances needed to be replaced.

Cheryl

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:59AM
More Discussions
How to decide on refrigeration? High versus low end.
We are a family of 4 with growing kids; cook almost...
acaba
New Bluestar elec wall oven vs New Viking french door wall oven
Has anyone had a chance to use either the New BlueStar...
sherry0117
Bluestar platinum vs Capital Culinarian
We are deciding on kitchen appliances for our upgrade...
malba2366
do we like capital ranges
capital ranges ?
Jen & Scott Lehr
760 cfm vs 900 cfm
I purchased a 36 Jenn Air (6 burners) range. I doubt...
abick2
Sponsored Products
Carnevale Fondali Aqua Torch Wall Sconce by Oggetti Luce
$408.00 | Lumens
Round Zebra Design Glass Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Viridian Marsh 2
Grandin Road
Taller Uno | Punt Ada
$368.80 | YLighting
Uttermost Celestine 27 1/2" x 37 1/2" Slate Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus