Hansgrohe handheld showerhead, metal hose or techniflex one?

janesylviaMarch 18, 2013

I'd like to buy a hansgrohe raindance shower/tub kit. For the handheld shower head hose of 63" long, which one is better, the techniflex one or metal one?

For the guest room, would pressure balance valve good enough? I saw some people complain the shower water has 1-2 second of temperature change when some people use water somewhere else.

Any input or sharing of experience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yvette123

Yes, that happens when someone else is using any water in the house. I bought the metal hose.

Bookmark   March 18, 2013 at 10:51PM
phiwwy

Don't get me started on the HG pressure control valve. Yes, the temp is a problem when water is used elsewhere. Thermostatic control valve may be a better option. Symmons therm valves are workhorses and seem to be very reliable. Can still use HG shower head with it.

Metal hose is heavy and gets hot/warm. I have one metal hose and I'm always worried it will bang against the tile and crack it. But it's in my master and I'm the only one who uses it so I'm very careful. Can't speak to the cleaning lady though. The plastic one can be a bit tight (i have 2 of those too) but it loosens up over time. Looks fine to me. For a bath that many different people will be using, I'd go that route.

Bookmark   March 19, 2013 at 10:56AM
astridh

I chose techniflex hoses because I thought they would be easier to clean, being smooth. I bought one in oil rubbed bronze and one in brushed nickel, and even though they are plastic, they look nice and don't feel cheap. I've had them in two bathrooms for 4 years now with no problems. I am about to redo a third bathroom and will use it again. I haven't had any problems with my Hansgrohe thermostatic valves either and like them very much.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 1:30AM
nhbaskets

We have the techniflex hose in our master and I've been pleased. Plan to do the same in our hall bath. I would recommend the HG thermostatic value also.

Bookmark   March 20, 2013 at 10:57AM
lee676

I have what I think is the techniflex - the smooth one - and it's terrific and by far the best I've used. It's much easier to wipe clean than the usual serrated hoses, and it swivels 360 degrees at the ends allowing the handshower to easily point in the right direction.

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 6:35AM
janesylvia

Thank you so much for all your help. I'll go for the techniflex hose.

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 1:50PM
More Discussions
need bathroom drain advice
Need advice. I am putting in a built in shower 3ft...
checkman123
HELP! 6 x 24 tiles are bowing
My tile guy was here today to install 6 x 24 porcelain...
cloub
Advice on how high to hang mirror?
My BR remodel is in the finishing touches stage, I...
shappy22
Bath fan dilemma
Looking for other options for bath fan/heater/light/nightlight....
gramarows
Shower drain installed off-center in subfloor - how to fix? Urgent...
Well back to the (new & improved?) Gardenweb. I...
AHMIowa_NJ
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™