Hall bath help or suggestions?

fivekeilsMarch 3, 2012

So many beautiful bathrooms posted on these pages. Now I am trying to decide what to do in our hall bath. It will be used by my teenage girl, mostly, and her older brothers when they are home from college. DH is doing the work. So far we have installed espresso cabinets, sinks, caesarstone nougat countertops, and brushed nickel faucets at the vanity. Now I am trying to pick tile. The tile stores are steering me toward the more gray tones, because of the countertop, but I am wondering if everything needs to be in those tones. My daughter likes bling and I am trying to accommodate her within reason. Hopefully, I can attach the link with pictures of some samples I have gathered so far. But then I see other great results here, and think I should try and duplicate them!

Any comments/suggestions on these photos would be appreciated.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hall bath

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elle3

I took a look at your pictures and my monitor must be way off because the samples look different from picture to picture! Is the bath tile white, or more creamy? Is it textured? In one pic it looks solid white... The cesarstone is lovely, btw. I think the mosaic will give your daughter the bling she wants--they are both beautiful.
You might get more responses if you cross post in the home decorating forum. Also, do you know about houzz? You can see pics of thousands of bathrooms that might help you narrow down your selections...I wish I could be more helpful!

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 4:59AM
treasuretheday

I second elle's suggestions.

Like your daughter, I love a little bling and I think a good way to bring it into a bathroom is via cabinet hardware and light fixtures, both relatively inexpensive and easily changed if you tire of it. Why not let your daughter choose a fun light fixture?

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 8:25AM
fivekeils

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I clearly need to improve my photography skills. The bath tile is white with grayish taupey (is that even a word) striping. It is a polished finish.

Bookmark   March 3, 2012 at 11:21AM
More Discussions
Did anyone buy a Venetian dual system tub from Costco?
I just came across this tub, looks good on paper. It...
abekker
Starting from dirt- literally! A basement bath DIY Adventure pt2
Ok, since Garden Web puts a limit on the length of...
hunzi
Should I be concerned about the lippage on my new tile job?
At first glance my porcelain tile job in my bathroom...
susanelewis
Help choosing a vanity top?
I am trying to choose a vanity tops for my renovated...
singers11
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™