Is it better to have door casing the same as patio doors'?

janesylviaMarch 15, 2012

Our house has 4 patio doors, all with 3 1/4" chambrana casing. Now I am going to have doors inside the house changed, is it better to be the same casing as the patio doors or can be different style?

Thank you very much.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hosenemesis

It's your house- why not? If you prefer a different casing, go for it.
Renee

Bookmark   March 15, 2012 at 11:28PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
arcy_gw

Several years ago we swapped out a slider for a french door. We went different and matched the wood color of the custom wood valances. The door casing was left the original dark dark tone. Last summer we had all the windows in the house replaced. We decided to go with the french door color, leaving all the casings dark. The idea being some day we may get the energy to swap out the casings..but maybe not as these things tend to go. The difference does not bother me in the least. It lightens the rooms which we needed. It is curious to watch the "decorating" shows. They are all about switching the light fixtures to be individual to the room, a decorating choice...but on a recent show comparing home worth before and after renovations the decorator and realtor were put off by the lighting not all coming from the same cookie cutter family, room to room. I would think your doors would be a similar deal, a decorating/design element on the one hand and yet..should they all be the SAME on the other.

Can you ever see all the doors from the same perspective? It would make a difference for me.

Bookmark   March 16, 2012 at 7:08AM
More Discussions
Tile install question
I've been posting a lot about our upcoming master bath...
numbersjunkie
No door to bathroom
We are picking our interior doors out tomorrow. I like...
holcombe3
Need bathroom sink/mirror/sconce advice asap!!
Hello everyone, we are in a total pickle over what...
Jenn Cassie
Bathtubs for taller people
I am renovating a family bathroom and would like to...
twingle
Nervous about going curbless, need to decide this week. Issues, cons?
To be quite frank, we'd be doing this for looks only....
happyallison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™